This intensive workshop is designed to offer participants insight into the creative process of songwriting. Participants will enhance their writing skills and develop ideas, while creating and editing their own songs in a group setting. This course caters to emerging songwriters who are interested in mentorship and guidance from accomplished artists. Participants will be encouraged to give feedback to their peers and will participate in a public presentation at the end of the program. Twelve musicians will be selected from the applications received and will be offered the opportunity to take the workshop free of charge.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must be able to accompany oneself on an instrument. (Basic chording skills on piano or guitar.)
- Must have one 'work in progress' piece of music that you have already created that you will work on during the workshop.
- Must be a resident of New Brunswick.
- Must be able to attend all activities including the final performance.
- Must be an 'emerging' musician. This basically means that you may have achieved some level of local and even provincial success and may have released self or locally produced albums but have yet to take that next big leap.
Saturday January 25th – 11AM-4PM (Intensive) (Lunch from 1PM-2PM)
Sunday January 26th – 12PM-3PM (Intensive)
Sunday January 26th – 5PM (Concert)
All activities including the performance will take place in the Charlotte Street Arts Centre Auditorium in Fredericton, NB.
Application Closing Date:
Applications will not be accepted after January 1st, 2014