NOMINATION DEADLINE: January 24, 2013 5:00pm
Celebrate recent achievements in historic preservation for these eligible activities:
(Projects and activities must have been substantially completed in 2012)
• Preserving/protecting historic resources (in the built environment)
• Historic building restoration, rehabilitation or adaptive reuse
• Sympathetic new construction or additions associated with historic properties
• Education or advocacy efforts related to historic preservation
• Documenting significant historic resources (in the built environment)
Projects within the following counties are eligible:
PA: Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Bucks, Montgomery
NJ: Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester
DE: New Castle
A Grand Jury of preservation professionals chooses award winners based on these criteria:
• The quality of the work or the outcomes of the activity
• The need that was met
• How the project or activity increased awareness of historic preservation
• Impact on neighborhood revitalization
• How children/adults/community/residents/visitors benefited
1) Submit this Nomination Form electronically, by hitting "Submit" when you have completed the form. (PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to save this form or finish filling it out another time.)
2) Within 24 hours you will receive an email with a MS Word version of the information you submitted. This will be your APPLICATION COVER SHEET.
3) Mail or courier TWELVE COPIES of the following Application Packet:
a) Application Cover Sheet you receive from the Preservation Alliance.
b) Project Description (1-2 pages)
c) Photos - Printed paper copies of 3 "before" and 3 "after" photos of your project, with each photo clearly labeled. You may include more if you like, but no more than 24 photos.
d) Related supplementary materials (OPTIONAL)- Drawings, maps, published accounts, etc. that will allow the Grand Jury to further understand the scope and impact of the project. These materials MUST be 8-1/2 " x 11".
e) ONE disk or thumb drive containing digital copies of your photos- a minimum of 3 “before” and 3 “after” photos. Images MUST be at least 300dpi, 4" x 6", and clearly named so the subject matter is apparent.
ONE LAST THING--TWO HEADS ARE NOT ALWAYS BETTER THAN ONE!
If you are part of a project that was carried out by a large team of people, please be sure to check with all the key players on that team--building owner/developer, architects and consultants-- before you put together your submission to assure that you are not duplicating an effort.
DEADLINE: Jan. 24, 2013, 5:00pm
Awards will be judged by our Grand Jury in early February. Notification will be sent via email and mail.
QUESTIONS? Contact Patrick Hauck at 215-546-1146 x4 or email@example.com.
Mail or deliver nomination packet to:
Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia
1608 Walnut Street, Suite 1300 (Please note this is a new address!)
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Award winners will be honored at the Preservation Alliance Achievement Awards event in May 2013.
Read more about the Preservation Awards and see past winners here: