The next recruiting cycle will take place in Fall 2014, at which time we will accept applications from students who are enrolled in the 10th grade at that time.
**Please refer to the Info Worksheet on our website before applying**
We highly recommend that all applicants attend one info session.
Application support will be provided at all three Info Sessions.
Thursday 10/24/13, 4-5:30
Friday, 10/25/13, 4:30-6
Monday 10/28/13, 4:30-6
Friday, 11/1/13, 5:00-6:30pm
Directions are available here:
All applicants are REQUIRED to attend our Studio Session to gain a sense of the studio experience before committing to the program:
Saturday, 11/2, 1:30-4 (66 Fifth Ave, between 12th/13th streets: Kellen Auditorium, ground floor)
All eligible applicants will be called for in-person interviews, which will be held on-site at Parsons between November 12th-23rd.
**This application consists of 6 pages, and will not be accepted until complete.
It must be completed in one sitting, and you will not be able to make changes once you hit "submit".
WHAT IS THE PARSONS SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
The Parsons Scholars Program is a 2.5-year need-based scholarship program for highly motivated New York City public school students interested in art and design study. Accepted students apply in 10th grade and participate through 12th grade.
Students have the opportunity to explore a wide variety of studio subjects to gain skills and knowledge that will help them gain admission and be successful in colleges of art and design. Students earn 4 college credits and a Pre-College certificate from Parsons upon successful completion of the Parsons Scholars Program. In addition to these classes, students participate in workshops and fieldtrips to gain exposure to art & design fields. During the fall and spring semesters, programming is held on Saturdays from 9am- 5pm. During the summer, students are enrolled in a rigorous, two to four-week intensive course that meets daily from 9am to 4pm. Attendance to all programming is mandatory.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
• Tuition to Parsons pre-college courses**
• Art supplies for courses taken
• Transportation to & from class and events
• Lunch after Saturday classes
• Guidance through the college application process
• Support from College Mentors, Tutors and Academic Advisors
**This is a college prep program and not a college scholarship
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PARSONS SCHOLARS?
• Full and on-time attendance to ALL classes, workshops, field trips and events
• Active participation in all classes and timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
• Monthly meetings with your advisor
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• 10th graders from NYC public schools
• Students who demonstrate financial need (as determined by NY state HEOP and Free/Reduced Lunch)
• Students with a strong interest and commitment to art & design studies and obtaining a higher education in art & design
• Students in need of art & design opportunities and guidance through the college application process
• Students maintaining a C average or higher
The Parsons Scholars Program uses general income guidelines established by the NY State Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), which are similar to those of the NYC Free Lunch program:
Household Size/ Total Annual Income
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for the Parsons Scholars Program, submit this online application* by Monday, November 11th, 2013.
*A letter of recommendation & essay also need to be emailed to ParsonsScholars@newschool.edu by this date.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS please contact us at 212.229.8933 (dial 3) or ParsonsScholars@newschool.edu