Request edit access
Late / Incomplete Data Submission Notification
One of the statutory functions of the Professional Educator Standards Board is to maintain data concerning educator preparation programs and their quality, educator certification, educator employment trends and needs, and other data deemed relevant by the board. Prior to 2019, these data were collected in aggregate form by the staff of the board. In compliance with the 2017 Substitute House Bill 1741, preparation programs are newly required to submit student level data to the Education Research and Data Center (ERDC). The amount and degree of changes involved in this process are significant, which may result in incomplete or untimely data submissions by programs.
In the event that an educator preparation program leader is unable, due to significant technical, business, or operations constraints, to submit all required data October 31st, 2019, this notification form will be used to a) track the constraints and capacity of the data submission system and b) inform consideration of the program during the program review process.
This policy provides for a notification process to be used when a preparation program is unable to be immediately in compliance with a data submission policy and/or standard. A Late/Incomplete Data Submission Notification is generally intended to be time limited and include the period of time necessary to achieve compliance.
By requiring the timely reporting of noncompliance with data submission policy and standards through the Late/Incomplete Data Submission Notification process, the PESB is able to oversee and manage educator preparation program adherence to state-wide data submission requirements.
Late / Incomplete Data Submission Notification Guidelines and Procedures
1. Educator preparation programs must submit a Late / Incomplete Data Submission Notification form in advance when they expect to be non-compliant with a state data submission policy or standard or immediately upon discovery of noncompliance.
2. In the event that an educator preparation program leader is unable, due to significant technical, business, or operations constraints to submit all required data October 31st, 2019, and competes the Late / Incomplete Data Submission Notification, all data must be submitted by December 31, 2019.
3. Late/Incomplete Data Submission Notification form must be submitted to the staff of the Professional Educator Standards Board using this electronic form.
4. Preparation programs which are neither in compliance with data submission policy or standards and have not submitted a Late / Incomplete Data Submission Notification may be subject to PESB remedial action, including a formal notification of being out of compliance or a required self-study as required by WAC 181-78A-100.
5. For the 2018-19 submission, there are 7 individual files required (see Data Manual p. 11), in the event that a program will have multiple late/incomplete files, a separate Late / Incomplete Data Submission Notification form must be completed for each file.
6. In the event that a provider will have late/incomplete files for multiple programs, a separate Late / Incomplete Data Submission Notification form must be completed for each program and file.
Contact the Program Manager for Preparation Program Effectiveness at
if you have questions about this policy.
Name of Individual Completing this Form
Title of Individual Completing this Form
Data Submission File Expected to be Late/Incomplete
P-1 & P-2 PEAB reports (as previously submitted)
Student Demographics file
Student Admissions file
Student Assessments file
Student Experience file
What particular data elements will be late / incomplete? (Use specific field name titles as written in the Data Manual pp. 7-10)
Describe the significant technical, business, or operations constraints that necessitate this Late / Incomplete Data Submission Form.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Professional Educator Standards Board.