Arizona Cello Society
Saturday, November 14, 2020
The Arizona Cello Society is proud to once again present this year’s Cello Competition in conjunction with Arizona ASTA’s Cellobration. This year’s event will take place online, and submissions are due by Saturday, November 14th. We are delighted that we are able to host this event to promote and celebrate the high level of young talented cellists in Arizona. Our winners will be featured at the Cellobration Presentation on Saturday, November 21st.
First Place – $450
Second Place – $300
First Place – $250
Second Place – $100
1. Participants must be enrolled in Cellobration 2020 and be a resident of Arizona.
2. The requirements for each division are:
Division I – Grades 9-12
Division II – Grade 8 and under
3. Repertoire is to be selected from the standard classical literature. Complete works or single movements from works are required of all entrants. (You only need to play one movement from a larger work)
4. Competitors will have a maximum of 10 minutes to perform and may make cuts, if needed.
5. Memorization is not required, but is strongly recommended.
6. For this year, we are asking that NO ONE performs with a pianist, so that we can maintain equity.
7. Please send, via email, 1 PDF copy of your performance piece with the measures numbered.
8. Video recordings are due for submission by Saturday, November 14th. Videos must be in a single take and unedited. Please contact us if you have questions regarding this.
Arizona Cello Society, c/o Gail Rolland
1616 W Mountain View Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
ENTRANCE FEE: Division I - $50; Division II - $25
COMPETITION CHAIR: Tom Landschoot, President, Arizona Cello Society firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPETITION VENUE: ONLINE SUBMISSION!
HOW TO APPLY: