Goal: Successfully match cats with prospective adopters at adoption events.
Toronto Cat Rescue has partnered with several Petsmart and Pet Valu stores to showcase adoptable cats. Several times throughout the year, special weekend adoption events are held to increase the number of cats adopted, which in turn, creates foster space to save more lives.
As an Event Screener your role would include:
- Interviewing potential adopters during a 3-4 hour shift on a Saturday or Sunday to find the right cat to match their home and lifestyle
- Ensuring the store has a proper inventory of contracts and brochures
- Receiving cats from drivers and fosters and help cats settle into their cages (during morning shifts)
- Helping to disinfect and dismantle cages at the end of the event (on Sunday afternoon shifts)
- Informing the adoption event planning team leads about any adoptions that take place and to arrange the return of unadopted cats at the end of the event
- Working with the adoption event planning team leads to troubleshoot unforeseen problems as they arise
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must attend the next scheduled training session (get in touch with us to confirm dates)
- Must be willing to commit to working a minimum of two events per year
- Must sign up to be on a recruitment mailing list for the store that is most convenient for you
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills
- Customer service and/or interview experience an asset
- Previous experience volunteering or adopting through TCR is valuable but not required
- Access to a car is valuable but not required
Our Toronto Store Partners:
Petsmart Empress Walk - 5095 Yonge Street
PetSmart Kennedy Commons - 12 William Kitchen Rd
PetSmart Laird - 835 Eglinton Ave E
Petsmart Stockyards - 75 Guns Road
Pet Valu Bloor – 1660 Bloor Street West (Keele/Bloor)
Pet Valu College – 339 College Street (College/Spadina)
Pet Valu Galleria – 1245 Dupont Street (Dufferin/Bloor)
Pet Valu Kingsway – 4242 Dundas Street West (Royal York/Dundas)
Pet Valu Liberty – 1176 King Street West (Dufferin/King)
Training new members of the adoptathon team takes time. As such, we ask that applicants be available to commit to at least 6 months of their time.
Please apply today and join our amazing team: email Nalini Ramroop to find out when our next training session is! Thank you!