Goal: Ensure TCR cats obtain medical treatment in a timely basis; keep records of all treatments; negotiate the most cost effective treatment with veterinary partners.
Toronto Cat Rescue saves nearly 2,700 ill, injured, orphaned and geriatric cats per year. Many of these cats require medical assessment and treatment before they can be placed for adoption.
As a Vet Clinic Coordinator your role would include:
- booking veterinary appointments
- Authorizing treatments and diagnostics as required
- Arranging vet prescription food
- Communicating with other volunteers (Foster and Intake Coordinators)
- Working with TCR’s Operations Manager
- ensuring that veterinary bills are accurate and appropriate
- This role usually requires a minimum commitment of 3-5 hours per week
- Strong communication skills, preferably with some cat related medical terminology and knowledge of animal welfare
- Comfortable working with medical professionals and their staff
- Mathematical and analytical skills to review and assess bills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficiency with spreadsheets; Gmail and Google Docs
- Ability to achieve results and meet deadlines with little to no supervision
Training new volunteers takes time. As such, we ask that applicants be available to commit to at least 6 months of their time.
To join our amazing team as a Vet Clinic Coordinator please email