Sonya Quick email@example.com • 562-301-6281 • sonyanews.com
Digital Editor, Voice of OC (2016-present)
- Develops and implements business, content and marketing strategies.
- Leads on marketing to tell the nonprofit’s story while developing sustainable reader revenue.
- Directs engagement across social, email and text to gain insights, share news and grow support.
- Designs UX and manages the tech stack across news, marketing and business needs.
Adjunct Professor, Chapman University (2015-present)
- Teaches 200- and 400-level courses in digital media with emphasis on engagement and marketing.
- Guides students in creating videos, interactive infographics and content written for digital audiences.
Board Member, Orange County Press Club (2021-present)
- Leads marketing and communication efforts.
Member & Leader, Society of Professional Journalists (2002-present)
- Serves as Region 11 director in 2008 and national student representative in 2005.
Freelance Journalist (2013-16)
- Composes cover stories, columns and SEO-optimized content for OC Family magazine and USC.
Adjunct Professor, Saddleback College (Fall 2014)
- Develops and leads a course on designing a mobile news app including content and development.
Journalist, Orange County Register - Santa Ana
Infographic Journalist (2012-13)
- Collaborates with graphic illustrators and reporters to tell stories through infographics.
Mobile & Social Editor (2009-12)
- Collaborates on a four-person team hand-picked to develop a Freedom Inc. mobile strategy in 90 days.
- Manages content, design, analytics and development across mobile apps, websites and SMS.
- Leads staff in using social media to find information, disseminate news and provide service.
Web Editor (2008-09)
- Joins the Web Task Force. Creates @OCReggie. Develops a beta wiki. Transforms local reporting.
- Manages training, analytics and content development for the Register’s 50+ blogs.
- Reports on a variety of subjects, including Irvine, disasters, technology, mobile and tourism.
- Creates a web catalyst team and transforms digital storytelling across each new reporting beat.
Editor-in-Chief & Reporter, Daily 49er - Cal State Long Beach (2003-05)
- Leads staff to improve the newspaper’s news and business during a transformative period.
Editor, News Enterprise - Los Alamitos and Seal Beach (2003-04)
- Manages news and design at the News Enterprise. Fill-in editor at the Seal Beach Sun.
Education California State University, Long Beach (2005) Bachelor's degree in journalism
References Available upon request.