Goal: Maximize the number of cats adopted by facilitating a strong relationship between Toronto Cat Rescue and our partner retail adoption locations.
Most cats in the Toronto Cat Rescue program are located in foster homes or at our retail adoption partnership locations, such as PetValu Liberty (1176 King St. W.)
As a Store Coordinator your role would include:
- Being the primary liaison between the store and TCR store Lead
- Working closely with store management to ensure that a positive relationship is maintained
- Ensuring the store has adequate supplies (contracts, brochures, donation boxes, etc.)
- Ensuring cats and kittens are cared for appropriately and that they are being kept in a safe environment
- Troubleshooting issues with the store such as missing adoption paperwork and fees, food/litter supply issues, staff/volunteer conflicts, etc.
- Coordinating and organizing special adoption events at the store, (this would include cage delivery and set up, organizing volunteer coverage, supplies preparation, etc.) There are a minimum of four adoption events a year.
- Being the primary contact for store management if any cat in the store requires medical attention or removal from the store for any reason
- Working with the store Lead to organize the movement of cats into and out of the store and ensure the store staff and store volunteer coordinator are all informed of any changes
- Notifying store the volunteer coordinator of any information affecting the cats in the store or program changes
- Establishing procedures to ensure that clean laundry is available at all times and soiled linens are cleaned in a timely manner
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Have frequent daily access to email and phone
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets
- Able to visit the store at least weekly
- Attendance at quarterly special adoption events
- Knowledge of cat care, health and behaviour
- Access to a car
- Management experience
Training new members of the adoptathon team takes time. As such, we ask that applicants be available to commit to at least 6 months of their time.
Please apply today and join our amazing team! Thank you!