Whether you are in Arizona or a different state, here are some actions you can take in solidarity with our United for Freedom Caravan #AZFreeThemAll
AZ Stats: As of 6/29
Total confirmed cases: 402
Total Tests Given: 3419 (out of a daily population of 40,217) *only about 8% of the prison population has been tested*
Total Deaths: 4 (potentially 9)
*out of the tested nearly 12% have tested positive for COVID)
Maricopa County Sheriff’s office (Jails)
Total number of cases: 386 *Maricopa County Jails have not updated data since early June*
Cases in AZ Detention Centers: 353
Governor Ducey, ADOCRR Director Shinn, Ice Field Director Jesse Williams, Juvenile Director Hood & Sheriff Penzone:
- Release our loved ones
- Safe conditions of confinement
- Quality healthcare
(Choose 1 or two or all, All action/s make a difference!)
- If you live in AZ and would like to be updated to join a car rally in the future sign up at bit.ly/freedomcaravanaz
- Sign petition and share! bit.ly/signnowaz
- Call Governor Ducey, ADOCRR Director Shinn, Ice Field Director Lucero, Scripts & Phone #’s are below!
- Share graphics online: *Click here to get shareable graphics*
- #AZFreeThemAll #Decarcerateaz #HumanityOverProfit @Puente.az @azcorrections @dougducey
- Tweet at Governor Ducey, ADOCRR Director Shinn, Ice Field Director Lucero, Juvenile Director Hood & Sheriff Penzone
- Our youth deserve to be home with their families! @ArizonaDJC release young people NOW, for their health and our communities health #FreeThemAll we need our loved ones home!
- We demand @Penzone4sheriff and MCSO officers to stop holding people and stop releasing people into ICE custody. Release all people with ICE holds. #FreeThemAll
- Hey, @AZCorrections Immediately identify and release medically vulnerable people in ADOC facilities who run the risk of death if exposed to COVID-19 we do not need any more deaths at AZDOC! #FreeThemAll
- Hey, @icegov Detention centers and cages are not safe for anyone, especially during a pandemic! #FreeThemAll Today the first case at La Palma in AZ was verified, act now before it’s too late! @dougducey
- Hey, @dougducey, You are knowingly creating death traps over 50 ppl and 3 deaths in @azcorrections. We must act out of care and not fear, the most effective way to flatten the curve is to authorize all DOC to release our loved ones.
- Take a solidarity photo using #AZFreeThemAll and share online!
- #AZFreeThemAll #Decarcerateaz #HumanityOverProfit
- Share your testimony: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are collecting testimonies to expose the inhumane conditions inside. If you have a loved one inside AZ jails, prisons, or detention centers share your/ their experience with us.
Scripts (Can also be shared online)