Arts & Culture Spring Art Contest
Art by: tiki
I - Description
Spring is such a splendid season. It is a time where flowers blossom, plants reproduce, and we (as individuals) get to witness the beauty of mother nature herself. Many cultural and memorable events take place at this time of year, as we enjoy a life of rebirth, renewal, and awakening. Due to COVID-19 forcing everyone to stay in place and be safe, we are unable to truly enjoy this momentous occasion. However, we at Arts & Culture want everyone to have fun at an unfortunate time as this, and make our users' day. With that said, we are officially hosting our first seasonal Art Contest, focused on the season of Spring! Explain through your art what Spring means to you, and how would you treat it if these current events didn't exist!
II - Rules
- Contestants will submit an artwork of their choice. We would love to discover what everyone's spring environment looks like!
- Contestants will upload their artwork on imgur. No worries, the default imgur setting is “private”, so nobody will be able to find your pic on imgur unless you state otherwise.
- Finally, contestants must submit their artwork on our google form.
- You have until May 10th, 2020 to make a submission. Afterwards, there will be a link in the roomintro to a voting sheet in which everyone will be able to vote for their favorite artwork. The winner shall be announced on May 17th, 2020 at 10PM, GMT.
III - Restrictions
- You must own a registered and auto-confirmed Pokémon Showdown account in order to take part in the contest.
- You’re only allowed one submission, so if you would like to replace your existing submission with a new one, please ask one of our contest hosts.
- Submitted art must be relevant (i.e we should clearly be able to say the artwork qualifies as a relatable to the theme of the contest). Irrelevant, troll, and NSFW submissions will not be shown on the voting sheet, and the user that submitted them might be punished!
- This submission MUST have been designed by you. Stealing someone else’s art or using one you found on the Internet will instantly disqualify you.
- You may not reuse artwork that was not created specifically for this event. (i.e. recycling old art from prior events).
- Your illustration will be judged based on creativity rather than skill level. This way, everyone will have a fair chance of winning.
- During the voting phase, you’ll only be allowed to vote once. Whoever votes twice will see their votes removed. Rating a submission 10 and rating all the other ones 0 is also heavily recommended against.
IV - Rewards
- Every submission will be displayed on our website so that everyone is able to see the results!
- The top 3 contestants for both contests will receive a shoutout on the room intro.
- First place will receive a $20 Amazon gift card (provided by Peary).
In case of doubts or if you have any remaining questions, do not hesitate to ask in this thread or to contact one of the contest managers (#quadrophenic, #Robyn, #Sundar, or #tiki) or any member of A&C's staff. Good luck to everyone!