RESOURCES: MANNING COMMUNITY RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Table of Contents: (Click on the chapter to skip ahead to that section)
- FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- WANT TO HELP?
- MEDICAL HELP & COVID-19 INFO
- Get Help Now
- About COVID-19
- FINANCIAL HELP
- Alberta Info
- Métis Nation of Alberta - Region 6
- Canadian Info
- ESSENTIAL SERVICES IN MANNING
- GROCERY STORE (FRESON BROS)
- FOOD SERVICES (TAKE OUT OR DELIVERY ONLY)
- FOOD BANK SERVICE
- PHARMACY/DRUG STORE
- OTHER SERVICES
- MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Get Help Now:
- Important Phone Numbers & Services
- Handling Stress and Preparing Children/Youth
- Other Mental Health Resources
- BUSINESS RESOURCES
- FREE EDUCATIONAL & FITNESS RESOURCES
FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Self-isolating Activities for Seniors
- Seniors Abuse Helpline - 780-454-8888 (24/7)
- Seniors Centre without Walls - A seniors’ centre from the comfort of your own home! Join us for a variety of interactive telephone-based social and health programming, free of charge. Provides opportunities to socialize, learn new skills and stay connected. New series of participant-selected topics every four months. Program funded in part by the Government of Canada`s New Horizons for Seniors Program. To register, please call 780.395.2626.
- Rural Family Law This program is meant to provide legal advice to low income Albertans residing in Northern areas of the province that do not have access to a local community legal clinic. Call 780-702-1725 ext. 291 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO HELP?
For those that are healthy and able to help out our community members in need:
Pick Up/Delivery Volunteers:
If you are healthy/able please help pick up and deliver items for those who are unable to leave their homes ie) groceries, prescriptions, other purchases, etc. Please call FCSS 780.836.2170
Manning & Area Food Bank Volunteers: If you are interested in volunteering at the Manning & Area Food Bank, please contact Manning Adult Learning at 780-836-2664.
If you would like to support the Manning & Area Food Bank:
- Monetary Donations: Charitable receipts for donations are available. If you are needing a charitable receipt you must provide your First and Last Name and a mailing address.
- All cheques must be made out to St.John’s Food Bank and mailed to:
Box 1245, Manning, AB T0H 2M0.
- Non-Perishable Food and Toiletry Donations:
- Most needed: instant potatoes, biscuit mix, muffin mix, jello pudding mix, juices, canned soup, stews, honey, Cheese Whiz, syrup, canned meats, canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, cereal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, pasta sauce, rolled oats, pickles, coffee, tea, canned milk, flour, sugar
- Donations are accepted Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am-1pm and 1-4pm at the Manning Adult Learning Centre (112 2 Ave SW). Please call their number (780-836.2664) and let them know you are dropping off a donation as their doors are currently locked to the public.
3. MEDICAL HELP & COVID-19 INFO
Get Help Now:
Health Link – 811
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Some cause respiratory illness in people, ranging from mild common colds to severe illnesses. Others cause illness in animals. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people, and more rarely, these can then spread from person to person through close contact. Novel coronaviruses are new strains of the virus that have not been previously identified in humans. (About COVID-19)
| Symptoms | COVID-19 vs. Influenza| What Should I Do if I Think I Have COVID-19? |
COVID-19 Online Assessment Tool:
AHS has developed a simple online assessment tool to help you decide whether you need to call 811 to be tested for COVID-19. It'll guide you to answer questions about your symptoms & take you through steps to help determine whether you need testing.
Prevention | Social Distancing | Spread | Risk | How to Prepare | Building an Emergency Kit
I Was Tested For COVID-19. What's Next? | How to Care for COVID-19 Patient at Home
Info for: Travellers| Visiting Patients| Specific Health Conditions | Mass Gatherings & Schools | Changes in Health Services| Actions Being Taken (by the Province of Alberta)
For more up to date information please refer to these Covid-19 links:
**This information changes often, please continue to visit these links periodically for the most up to date info.
4. FINANCIAL HELP
Métis Nation of Alberta - Region 6:
Emergency Financial Assistance Program for M<NA citizens who are resident within Region 6 that require financial support as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Click the link to find more info on support for individuals and businesses.
- Sickness Benefits: Apply if you are unable to work due to illness, injury or quarantine
- Regular Benefits: Apply if you’ve lost your job through no fault of your own
- Financial Assistance for Canadians with no available source of funds to return home
5. ESSENTIAL SERVICES IN MANNING
GROCERY STORE (FRESON BROS)
- Open Everyday 7-8am (Elderly & Immune Compromised) | 8am-10pm (Regular Hours)
- Grocery Delivery/Pickup Services (SENIORS ONLY):
- Manning Towing/Lorenzen’s Oilfield is offering free grocery order delivery to any Manning Seniors that are not able to go to Freson Bros.
- Please call Freson Bros directly at (780) 836-3285 to order and pay for your items and Manning Towing will bring them to your doorstep for any seniors that need.
- Orders placed before 5pm on Sundays for delivery on the next Thursday. A reminder that some items may be subject to availability. Please remember to include your street address when you call Freson Bros.
FOOD SERVICES (TAKE OUT OR DELIVERY ONLY)
- Aurora Theatre: Take out popcorn available Thursday 7:00pm-9:00pm. Any changes to this will be posted, watch for updates on the Facebook page. Deliveries available - please call before 6pm!
- Grimm's Truck Stop & Lounge: 780-836-3662
- Humble Pie: 780-836-2575
- Maylene’s Kitchen: 780-836-5644
- Mugs & Dough: 780-836-0005
- Sing’s: 780-836-3159
- Snack Shack 780-836-3485
- Subway: 780-836-3311 Order in store, via app. Curbside and Delivery available.
FOOD BANK SERVICE:
- Located at the Manning Adult Learning Centre (112 2 Ave SW).
- The Food Bank is open Fridays from 10am-12pm and 1-4pm.
- To access the Food Bank please call 780-836-2664.
- As the Centre is currently closed to the public, please call the phone number and they will meet you at the door with your bag (all food is pre-bagged). If you receive a bag, please bring it back with you the next time you visit the Food Bank.
- ATB - The Manning branch is currently closed to the public but customers can call Monday-Friday 10am-4pm (780-836-3301) to pay utility bills, perform transfer, etc remotely. Deposits can be done by placing it into night deposit (east side of building), through the ABM or our mobile app. All night deposits received by 3:30pm will be processed same day. If you need access to your Safety Deposit Box or a new debit card please call to make arrangements.(by appointment only).
- Vision Credit Union - Although our branches remain open Monday-Friday 9:30-5pm, our focus is finding the best way to support our members while maintaining a safe and healthy space in-branch for our Vision team members. During this time, we can continue to be here for you in different ways: Phone (780-836-3371), Mobile App and online banking.
Manning IDA - please check their Facebook page for updates
- Currently closed to the public but will continue to offer all pharmacy services and front store shopping.
- Orders can be placed over the phone and they will deliver your front-store items and prescriptions to you in the parking lot on the north side of the building. Phone-in orders can be called in to 780-836-3043 / Email orders emailed to: email@example.com
- Please call in your orders AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE in order to allow us sufficient time to prepare it.
- They accept: CREDIT-CARD PAYMENTS ONLY over the phone and also have a CURBSIDE PIN PAD that accepts DEBIT and CREDIT CARDS that you can use when they bring your purchases out to you. CASH AND CHEQUES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- FREE HOME-DELIVERY service is available for people who live within the town of Manning (delivery between 5 - 6 PM only, and you must place your order before 3:00 in order to get same-day delivery).
- If you receive medication injections from Dusten, you may continue to do so as long as you are NOT showing any symptoms of infection (ie. cough, fever, breathing difficulties).
- ACE Hardware: Open Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm (Orders can be called in at 780-836-3739)
- Big North Graphics: Can take orders by phone (780-836-3355) email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through their website.
- Browns Style Shop/Alberta Registries: Open Monday to Friday 9am-3pm for registration renewals, drivers licence renewals, etc. Please call to see if we can make something work or if you need anything from the Shop (780-836-3222). No written tests at this time.
- FIELDS: Open Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 11am-5pm
- Grimm’s Liquor Mart: Open everyday 10am-8pm (Orders can be called in at 780-836-3414)
- Home Hardware: Open Monday-Saturday 8am-6pm (Call in orders are welcome and can be picked up or delivered 780-836-3345)
- Homesteader Building Supplies Monday-Friday 9am-5pm; Saturday 9am-1pm (Call in orders and outdoor pick up available 780-836-4036)
- Manning Municipal Library: Your local library may be closed, but you can still access lots of great eResources from home! View e-resources at https://www.manninglibrary.ab.ca/eResources No library Card? No problem, get a PLS temporary eResources card: https://peacelibrarysystem.ab.ca/Get-A-Library-Card
- Manning North Town ESSO: Open Everyday 5am-11pm (780-836-3183)
- Tempo Gas Stop: Open Everyday 5am-11pm (780-836-3312)
- The Source/JoDotCom: Open Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm; Saturday 11am-4pm. (Orders can be called, emailed or faxed in. Pick up or drop off within the town limits available 780-836-3810).
- The VAULT Manning: Open Monday-Saturday 12-9pm (780-836-3499)
6. MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Mental health can be equally as important to take care of in these difficult times.
Get Help Now:
Health Link – 811
Important Phone Numbers & Services:
- Adult walk-in clinic hours are Thursdays 8-10:45am. and 1-3pm
- Child and Youth Walk-In Clinics are Thursdays 8-10am and 1-2:30pm
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently all walk in appointments are operating via phone. Please call 780-624-6151 or Toll Free 1-877-823-6433 to discuss your needs.
- Text4Hope (AHS): Text COVID19HOPE to 393939 to subscribe to a set of daily messages with advice and encouragement helpful in developing healthy personal coping skills and resiliency.
Handling Stress and Preparing Children/Youth:
Other Mental Health Resources:
7. BUSINESS RESOURCES
- Covid Continuity: Helping understand the challenges and opportunities associated with running your business operations during the COVID-19 outbreak.
8. FREE EDUCATIONAL & FITNESS RESOURCES
- Audible (Audio Books Online): Hundreds of titles now completely free for kids and teens
- Duolingo: Learn a new language free (with ads)
- Photomath: Math learning app free and paid versions
- Quizlet: Flashcard learning app for many subjects
- Scratch 2.0: Free program to create your own interactive stories, games and animations
Free Fitness & Wellness Resources: