Ríomheol Oidí na hÉireann
Computer Science Teachers’ Association of Ireland
Fáilte chuig an suíomh Ríomheol Oidí na hÉireann!
Welcome to the Computer Science Teachers’ Association webpage!
To join the CSTAI, access the resources, get on the mailing list or for more information, please email:
Founded in November 2017
To date, we have over 750 members and 36 of the 40 pilot Leaving Certificate Computer Science schools have joined.
The vast majority of our members come from the Republic of Ireland but we also have a number of teachers from the UK, America, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania.
What we offer:
We have a Google Drive with 1000's of resources (PowerPoints, Worksheets, videos etc etc.) for coding, computer science, digital media and general computing courses. The material is suitable for both primary and secondary level. These resources can be accessed, downloaded and modified by our members for their class.
Joining and accessing all the CSTAI has to offer is completely free.
The specific aims of the CSTAI are:
1. To support teachers of the Digital Subjects in Ireland.
2. To provide resources, forums and CPD days to its members.
3. To promote the uptake of the Digital Subjects in schools.
4. To lobby the relevant authorities and bodies charged with curriculum and syllabus development in the Digital Subjects.
5. To promote networking and cooperation between teachers of the Digital Subjects.
6. Develop and maintain links between schools, third-level education and industry in the Digital Subjects.
7. To promote and encourage the use of the Irish Language in the Digital Subjects.
CSTAI Magazine: Ré na Ríomheolas
Ré na Ríomheolas (“Age of Computer Science”) is a periodical containing articles that are of concern to Irish educators of the digital subjects.
This magazine will hopefully be every month and will include:
- Guest articles from people who are involved in teaching computer science to teachers/ students
- People from organisations like the CSTAI who are involved in the same line of work we do
- Journal article summaries from CS pedagogy journals
- Code snippets that you may find useful
- Letters and photos from our readers who have ideas/ comments or maybe who created something cool with an embedded system and want to show it off!
If you wish to offer an opinion about Computer Science, Computer Science pedagogy or something interesting, please send 1-2 A4 pages of information, some images and contact information and I will include it.
Issue 1 September 2018: https://tinyurl.com/ReNaRiomh1
Issue 2 October 2018: https://tinyurl.com/ReNaRiomh2
Issue 3 November 2018: https://tinyurl.com/ReNaRiomh3
CSTAI in the news:
Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group on High Performance Computing
We got an article published by the Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group on High Performance Computing. This can be viewed here:
Mike Karlin of the Edtech roundup:
Computing at Schools
Through our links with CAS and CAS NI, we feature on their website:
MagPi Magazine: Official Raspberry Pi Magazine
Please see page 13:
Hello World Magazine
Please see page 60 and 61:
The CSTAI would like to say thank you to the following organisations (in no particular order) who gave their time, support, offered resources, help and advice during the growth of our organisation. Míle buíochas go léir!