Schroeder Coach Code of Conduct
The purpose of this code of conduct for coaches is to establish common expectations for all members of the coaching staff of the club. It is to be used as a guide to promote a positive team environment and good sportsmanship.
- ❏ At all times, adhere to USA Swimming’s rules and code of conduct.
- ❏ Set a good example of respect and sportsmanship for participants and fans to follow.
- ❏ Act and dress with professionalism and dignity in a manner suitable to his/her
- ❏ Respect officials and their judgment and abide by the rules of the event.
- ❏ Treat opposing coaches, participants, and spectators with respect.
- ❏ Instruct participants in sportsmanship and demand that they display good
- ❏ Coach in a positive manner and do not use derogatory comments or abusive language.
- ❏ Win with humility and lose with dignity.
- ❏ Treat every athlete fairly, justly, impartially, intelligently, and with sensitivity.
- ❏ Always place the well-being, health, and safety of swimmers above all other
considerations, including developing performance.
- ❏ Continue to seek and maintain their own professional development in all areas in relation
to coaching and teaching children.
- ❏ Always maintain a professional separation between coach and athlete.
Any complaints of a coach violating this code of conduct will be brought to the attention ofhis/her supervisor and/or the club’s board of directors.