UB Hacking Terms and Code of Conduct
UB Hacking is an inclusive space where all have the right to feel safe. UB Hacking organizers have the authority to take disciplinary action against you if you show any signs of prejudice and discrimination based on (but are not limited to) race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, socioeconomic status, marital status, personal appearance, age, national origin, political affiliation, religion, physical or mental disability.
By participating in this hackathon, you agree to the following terms listed in this UB Hacking Terms and Code of Conduct agreement and Waiver of Liability, and to follow any procedures and instructions given by UB Hacking organizers. Refusal to comply and any violations will be subject to consequences deemed appropriate by UB Hacking organizers, such as the revocation of prizes and expulsion from UB Hacking.
BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU AGREE TO:
- Terms and conditions listed below
- Photo/Video release agreement
- Waiver of Liability
- Represent yourself accurately on your UB Hacking application, and all other event forms
- Provide an atmosphere of acceptance and welcoming pre-event, during the event, and post-event
- Allow your resume be shared with our sponsors, unless you opt-out during check-in
Photo and Video Release
I do hereby give the University at Buffalo and its assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use my picture, portrait, photograph or video, created of him/her during UB Hacking.
I give this release for use in all forms and media and in all manners for any lawful purpose, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, that may be created in connection therewith.
I hereby release and hold harmless the above parties from any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality associated with the images specified above. Further, I attest that I have full authority to consent and authorize UB to my likeness and name.
I further acknowledge that participation is voluntary and that I will not receive financial compensation of any type associated with the taking or publication of these photographs or their use in media, marketing materials or other publications or websites. I acknowledge and agree that publication of said photos confers no rights of ownership or royalties whatsoever.
Generic Waiver of Liability
University at Buffalo
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in UB Hacking, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE University at Buffalo, the Board of Trustees of University at Buffalo, their officers, agents, or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in such activity, while in, on or upon the premises where the activities are being conducted, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise and regardless of whether such liability arises in tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law
2. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the activities of UB Hacking, and I am aware that such activities include the risk of injury and even death, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activities, knowing that the activities may be hazardous to my property and me. I understand that University at Buffalo does not require me to participate in this activity. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorneys' fees that Releases may incur due to my participation in said activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
4. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York and that any mediation, suit, or other proceeding must be filed or entered into only in New York and the federal or state courts of New York. Any portion of this document deemed unlawful or unenforceable is severable and shall be stricken without any effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or am a matriculated full-time student of the University at Buffalo, and am fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.