Imagine being a staff in 2021
Hosted by: Aurolux, Gardevoir&Gallade, and Tour Helpers
60 WP for the winner
40 WP to the finalist
30 semis, 20 Quarters
10 WP to all participants
Date & Time
Monthly Tour: November 28th
Tour 1: 2:00 PM EST
Tour 2: 7:00 PM EST
These rules apply to all Wi-Fi Tour activities.
- Play fair and be respectful to your opponents. Poor sportsmanship may result in a disqualification. This includes behavior like timer-stalling and excessive trash talking.
- Your Pokémon must have legal shiny, Pokéball, ability, and move combinations. Hacked Pokémon are strictly banned. IF YOU WANT TO USE A POKEMON AND YOU DON’T KNOW WHERE IT COMES FROM, GET IT HACK CHECKED BY STAFF!
- Only use Pokémon that are legal in the format that is being played. For example: Xerneas is not allowed in Smogon OU tier.
Failure to comply with these rules may lead to a disqualification, a ban from tour activities, or a room ban.
WiFi Points (WP) is used to buy in-game prizes.
Wifi Points are reset to a maximum of 15 at the end of each month (usually at 11:59 PM EST 3 days after the Monthly Tour), so spend them before they are gone! If you have under 15 points, all of your points will roll over to the next month.
Enter the Prize Shop
You become the Nugget Bridge Trainer. Throughout the month, you can challenge other trainers on the Nugget Bridge to win TP and show you’re the Top Trainer.
Registration page HERE. Report matches HERE. Nugget Bridge Sheet HERE.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Nugget Bridge, please PM one of these Nugget Bridge Helpers: Aurolux, Gardevoir&Gallade, Sergeant Kitten, ohfreewin.
- If you beat a Nugget Bridge Trainer, you earn 6 WP. If you lose against a Nugget Bridge Trainer you earn 3 WP.
- When you sign up, please do not forget your number.
- All battles are done over WiFi on Switch in Sword and Shield, they are not done on Pokemon Showdown.
- Your team must follow the same format as the monthly, i.e. the monthly format is Ubers, your team must be legal for Ubers.
- Always ask first - Battles are done with the following setting:
- Normal Rules, meaning Lv50, with the exception of:
- Both users are able to play at Lv100, which means you select No Restrictions.
- The format requires a specific ruleset (eg.VGC).
- You can look for battles in the Wi-Fi chat by saying for example: “LF: Nugget Bridge trainer to battle”
- When you’ve found a trainer, communicate with each other in PMs and begin the match.
- You can only battle each Nugget Bridge Trainer once per month.
- After battling, you must save a screenshot/picture of your win/loss and post it on imgur.com to show this as a proof that you won or lost. DO NOT DELETE THE PICTURE/SCREENSHOT BEING REWARDED WP.
- When a Nugget Bridge Helper adds the WP for your battle, you will see a checkmark for your battle submission under the “WP Given” column. This indicates that both players have received WP. Your points WILL NOT UPDATE until this has been checked off.
- Players with unviable teams will receive no WP.
- Any matches considered to be throwaway matches by Nugget Bridge Helpers will result in no WP rewarded.
- Forfeiting is judged on a case-by-case basis, since there can be many different reasons and circumstances as to why you may forfeit. Below we've listed a couple examples of when it is OK to forfeit, and still earn WP:
- When is it appropriate to forfeit?
- If you are in an absolute losing state; there is no possible way for you to win. For example, your opponent has a +6 Gyarados and it will one-shot the remaining Pokemon. This is not to be confused with being in a losing state, because being behind doesn't mean you can't come back.
- Your opponent breaks the rules of the metagame. It is fine to forfeit here because a clause was broken, and therefore the person who breaks the clause/s instantly loses.
We are aware that the in-game timer is very short and can lead to issues with battles finishing. The general rules for a battle that ends due to timer is that the person who the game claims to have won is considered the victor, unless the person who the game has declared the loser is in a CLEARLY FAVORABLE position to win, such as having set up a mon that has all its checks and counters eliminated. Any timer disputes can be brought up to a nugget bridge helper.
- How do the points work? (technical)
- Start with the Bronze medal, and work your way up to getting a Mountain of Gold!
- Earn 12 WP, and you will get your first 6 WP bonus along with the Silver Medal with your avatar.
- Earning 30 WP will get you a second 7 WP bonus and the Gold Medal.
- Finally, if you earn 61 WP, your points are represented with a Golden Nugget, you get the final 14 WP bonus. Medals mean nothing to you as you have transcended, so your medal becomes a Mountain of Gold. This is a grand total of 75 WP which is the maximum amount you can get. You are still free to battle more users if you wish, but that will NOT award you anymore WP.