BSI PTO 2018 Executive Board Positions Major Responsibilities
- Manage and lead all executive board meetings and general PTO meetings, attend SLT meetings and District 20 president’s council meetings
- Coordinate and oversee budget forecast, sign and approve all checks that go out, oversee the outside audit, and communicate with respected parties (Mr Havlik and other Board members)
- Delegation of responsibilities, oversee responsibilities through completions, hold other board members accountable and encourage active participation
*This should be a 2-person position.
Executive Vice President (1)
- Coordinate all meeting dates, committee event dates and general event dates with school staff and the executive board over the summer and throughout the year
- Solicit Committee Members and Chairs in August /September /October and coordinate any permits, community emails or licenses they require throughout the school year. Provide monthly updates on those committees as well.
- Produce Monthly Executive Board Agendas and run general and executive meetings in the absence of the President.
- Help form and inform the Nominations Committee in accordance with the regulations and act as liaison on communications from them to the parent community.
- Receive and track donations and expenses to the PTO
- Write checks to pay for PTO Administrative costs
- Manage the PTO’s bank accounts
- Reconcile the PTO’s PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Accounts on a monthly basis
- Manage and monitor cash at PTO events
- Report to the parent body on PTO finances on a monthly basis
- Craft the PTO Budget and fundraising goals with the President and Fundraising Chairs
Assistant Treasurers (2)
- Collect all donations from PTO mailbox (DA donations, PTO membership dues, etc.) and process those, i.e. put in books and deposit into the bank account.
- Oversee fundraising events, especially those that have a cash flow. Check in with parent volunteers, collect cash, and deposit to the bank account.
- Capture the minutes at all executive board meetings and general PTO meetings
- Print and pass around the attendance sheet for the general meeting
- Document the number of attendee
- Capture any votes that’s been taken place
- Read the minutes at the general meetings
- Prepare the general PTO meeting agenda and slides with inputs from the executive board
- Request approval from the Principal for backpacking it home 10 days in advance
- Communicate with communication team to email the agenda and minutes to all parents
- Print the agenda, sort them by classes and deliver them to the main office for distribution
- If there is co-secretary then one can take video of the principal and other guest’s presentation at the general meeting. If not then, try to recruit a parent to do it.
VPs Fundraising (2)
- Oversee all fundraising activities of the BSI PTO, and, specifically, the establishment of a sufficient committee structure to ensure adequate planning and execution of all BSI PTO fundraising events, such as the Annual Auction, Direct Appeal, and solicitations
- Develop budgets for events to present at membership meetings
- Work directly with the Vice President(s) for Parent Involvement to encourage each class to elect an auction representative and a class fundraising representative.
- Represent the fundraising committee at PTO meetings to inform the membership of our activities
VPs Parent involvement (2)
Encourage every parent to participate in building a better BSI community!
- Work closely with Fundraising Vice President(s), and all other board and committee members, to communicate participation needs to the entire parent body.
- Help find grade reps for each grade and communicate with reps regularly about PTO volunteer needs and events, drafting sample messages for reps to send to their respective grades.
- Help find and pair BSI buddies with new families over the summer. Plan and host summer family mixers. Plan and host at least two parent mixers during the year.
- Write weekly PTO news featuring latest events and participation needs for the BSI Parent Coordinator to publish in the school’s e-newsletter.
VPs Communication (2)
- Provide support to all PTO functions with various communication needs using available methods of electronic communications (email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). This includes notices of all PTO meetings and other events as well as messages approved for distribution by the executive board.
- Maintain communication groups and lists in various mass-mailing systems used by the PTO (MailChimp, Salesforce.com, Google Groups, etc.)
- Maintain and update communication plans for PTO communications in the foreseeable future.
- Publish written materials, videos events and announcements and ensure the maintenance and updating of the PTO website and the Youtube channel.
- If necessary or specifically requested, assume duties of the PTO Recording Secretary
- Assist the PTO with interpreting DOE Regulations as they affect the PTO activities. Assist at PTO Board and General meetings with Robert’s Rules of Order for the conduct of the PTO meetings and votes, (these Rules are specified for the conduct of PTO meetings in the DOE Regulations). Help update the PTO Bylaws annually.
- Help represent the PTO Board at District 20 and other DOE meetings as requested by the PTO President.
- Together with the EVP, help form and guide the Nominating Committee in accordance with regulations. Consult with the Chair of Nominating Committee and VP of Communication to ensure the information relating to upcoming BSI PTO’s meeting and regarding vacancies for BSI PTO officers is disseminated in a timely manner to the parent body.
School Leadership Team Membership (2)
- School Leadership Team Membership: The president or one co-president of BSI PTO shall automatically serve as a core member of the School Leadership Team. All other parent member representatives shall be elected by the general membership.
- The core responsibility of the SLT is to develop the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) aligned with the school-based budget. School Leadership Team members will select different roles on the team. Roles will be determined through volunteering and consensus. School Leadership Team members should report findings or recommendations to each group of constituents upon completion of a task. Parents and staff members will be kept informed of the School Leadership Team decisions through newsletters, meetings and posted notices. The PA/PTA president is responsible for communicating to the membership information discussed at SLT meetings, including the CEP and the public view of the budget from DOE’s Galaxy budgeting system.
- The School Leadership Team will meet once a month from September through June. The term of service is two (2) years. Team members should attend all regular team meetings. If a team member has three (3) absences without notification within one year, that member will be required to resign. At the end of the term of service, the positions of staff leadership team members must be posted for election. The members who have served may submit their names for re-election.
** These position tasks are non-exclusive and not limited in and of themselves. There are other responsibilities and many positions overlap on responsibilities as the board functions as a team
***All positions encourage presence at fundraising and community events to assist as needed