STUDENT DRESS CODE
Students should be dressed and groomed in a manner which will not interfere with or detract from the academic process nor create a health or safety risk for any student.
One of the many aspects of our school that separates us is the school uniforms. Below is Krystal’s dress code policy:
- Students are required to wear collared shirts (polo/buttoned) in solid shades of blue, black, or white. Stripes and graphics are not permitted. Shirts without collars are not permitted.
- Students need to wear solid (in color and pattern/no decals or stripes) pants, shorts, skirts, “skorts,” or capris (no jeans/denim) that are navy blue, black, or khaki. Leggings/jeggings are not considered pants, and are not allowed on their own. All garments must be no shorter than the student’s longest finger when their hands are straight down at their sides.
- On Fridays, students do not have to dress differently. However, they are allowed to wear denim jeans (black, navy blue, or khaki) and a “school spirit” or college-themed shirt (no jerseys).
- If students wear sandals, they must wear sandals with "closed toes" and a strap on the back. Heels should be at a minimal height.
- If students wear a jacket, sweatshirt, or sweater inside the classroom, these need to be the solid school uniform colors (blue, black, white, khaki). If the jacket, sweatshirt, or sweater are worn outside only, other colors are okay.
- Any undershirts, tights, or leggings that are visible must be black, white, any shade of blue, or khaki. No stripes, polka dots, etc.
THE DRESS CODE POLICY MAY BE MODIFIED AS NEW “FASHION ISSUES” ARISE.
Students must also observe the District’s K-12 Dress Code Policy which prohibits the following unacceptable dress:
- Clothing, jewelry, and personal items that a student has including notebook covers, magazines, drawings, pictures, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles, backpacks, clothing, or any other item that disrupts the instructional process
- Hats must be one solid color, have a college or university name, or be from an HUSD school, worn forward, and outside only for sun protection
- Oversized clothing such as shorts, pants, coats, etc. Pants or shorts must fit at the waist
- Items that promote hate, intolerance or violence
- Unsafe jewelry and accessories, including wallet chains and belts hanging from the waist
- Visible undergarments
- Clothing with profanity, that is too tight, revealing, or sexually provocative
- Clothing with pictures, insignia or brand names for controlled substances, tobacco or alcohol
- Unsafe footware including house slippers
- Raiders and Kings clothing, “LA” and “Skin” labels, and any additional articles of clothing or accessories identified by the HUSD School Police Department as being gang or hate group related will be forbidden on campus or any other school function or activity including sporting events.
Note: Please do not color your child’s hair (other than natural hair colors), except during Spirit Day activities, and/or cut/style your child’s hair in a manner which interrupts learning (i.e. mohawk), as this can lead to disruptions of the educational environment. If a student violates this, parents may be called to pick-up the student.