UPDATE NO. 2
STATUS: At this time, Broward County is monitoring Hurricane Irma.
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER (EOC) INFO:
EOC UPDATES & ADVISORIES:
- Broward County is under a local State of Emergency. A voluntary evacuation for those living in low lying areas and mobile homes was ordered.
- A MANDATORY evacuation for these areas is ordered for NOON on Thursday, September 7, for people living east of Federal Highway, including the barrier islands. All tolls have been suspended to facilitate the evacuation.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is OPEN. Check airline for possible delays or cancellations.
- Port Everglades remains OPEN
- There are no fuel shortages and trucks will continue fuel deliveries to gas stations throughout South Florida until Broward County experiences sustained tropical storm force winds.
- Broward County Transit will operate on a Saturday schedule on Thursday, September 7 and Friday, September 8. Express Bus service will continue to operate. Routes 15, 23, 56, and 88 will run on a weekday schedule.
- Governor has issued State of Emergency
- Tolls on FL Roadways suspended at 5:00 pm, Tuesday
- FPL warns of potential ‘prolonged outages.’ Download FPL mobile app for account access and for latest information on outages or call 800-468-8243.
Closures: Closings and Cancellations
- Broward County closed Thursday & Friday.
- Port Administration Offices will close on Thursday,September 7
- Broward Schools closed Thursday & Friday.
- Miami Dade Public Schools closed Thursday & Friday. No after school activities on Wednesday (including programs at Miami-Dade Parks).
- Catholic Schools closed Thursday & Friday.
- Protect your policy – put it in a safe place
- Have you homeowners insurance post hurricane hotline phone number on hand. They may even send you a pre-storm email with this information. If so, print and store it in a safe place.