Covenant Bay Bible Camp
Lifeguard- Job Description
Nov 1, 2017
Responsible to: Summer Camp Coordinator
The lifeguard will ensure all water activities at the waterfront are done safely and according to the training he or she has received. The lifeguard will be in charge of making sure that the area is fully equipped and that safety equipment is present. The lifeguard will also serve a a cabin leader.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan with Summer Camp Coordinator all Waterfront activities
- Ensure emergency plans are ready to be used.
- Create schedule for safety equipment inspection and waterfront inspection
- Organize all safety equipment and supplies and ensure they are accessible to the appropriate personnel and/or campers.
- Organize/schedule staff supervision of campers during waterfront activities
- Ensure all campers and staff understand and abide by waterfront rules, policies and practices.
- Be present and supervise during all waterfront activities.
- Lead Activities as appropriate based on ability to supervise.
- Ensure campers and staff are respecting the lifeguard’s authority
- Ensure that all necessary reports (injury, accident, discipline) are submitted to Program Director and other appropriate staff or persons (such as Medic, EMT, parent or director)
- Lifeguards must hold a current NL certification (preferably with a Waterfront Option), Standard First Aid certification or equivalent and CPR.
- Individual will be working outside and in the water.
- Individual will be working at camp and must flexible to work both and in and outside their role and be sympathetic to change of daily schedules