How to Exclude Specific Websites from Your
AdWords Ad Campaigns
- Sign into AdWords (www.adwords.google.com)
- Click into your account
- In the lower right-hand corner, select Shared Library
- In the left-hand navigation, select Campaign placement exclusions
- You may have a list of placements applied to your campaigns already. If not, click +List
- Name your list and enter the website you want to exclude your ads from serving on (e.g. http://www.breitbart.com/). Then click Save.
- After you Save you need to apply the exclusion list to campaigns.
- To apply the list to ad campaigns, click the checkbox to the left of the list.
- Click Apply to campaigns
- Search for your campaigns and move them over to “Selected campaigns” by clicking the tiny right-facing arrows. Then click Save.
- You’re done! Your ads won’t serve on the websites you added to the exclusions list anymore.