TERMS & CONDITIONS Oct 2022
A&J Acts as a booking aggregator supplying individual transport contracts to Self Employed contractors. All Contractors are vetted, ensuring their licences are in date, have Compliance and Insurances checked, and may have their vehicles tracked to fulfill their contract. Payments to contractors vary, and may be made directly to them or through our portal on our app.
You will receive a Booking Confirmation for the journey(s) you have agreed to pay for, if you have provided an email address, or are using our App. You may also receive text messages confirming your booking if these have been provided at the point of booking.You are responsible for checking that they are correct
A&J does not accept any responsibility in any way for missed flights for whatever reason i.e. traffic delays, accidents, breakdowns, severe weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances.
We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours prior to flight departure to allow for possible unpredicted delays en route to or from the airport. A&J Taxis will not take responsibility for any passengers missing their flight if two hours check in time was not allowed.
You are free of course to arrange to get to the airport for a time of less than 2 hours prior to flight departure, however A&J Taxis accepts no responsibility for any missed flight due to this.
All passengers are advised to have adequate travel insurance prior to booking.
No responsibilities for costs are to be refunded to any passengers who do not wait for their driver and take alternative transport.
A&J Taxis does not accept any responsibility in any way if the passenger/luggage requirements exceed the capacity of the vehicle booked. If you are unsure about the capacity of the vehicle booked please contact A&J Taxis customer services team immediately.
The exact route of your journey is down to the driver's discretion on the day of travel, alternate routes may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. In some cases, where the mileage or duration significantly changes, alternate routes may incur additional charges, this is calculated on a case by case basis.
Please ensure you give us your arrival times and day in to the UK and not your departing information.
If your flight has any serious delays please inform us or the driver as soon as possible.
Additionally for non airport bookings, nights out, local taxis etc, A&J taxis are not responsible for missed appointments, start of shows, missed connections, where there are circumstances beyond our control. Please allow adequate time for your journey. Our booking calculator will tell you how long a journey will approximately take with no traffic. Please factor this in to your start time.
POLICIES & NOTICES
A&J Private hire Prices are calculated with the distance, time of travel and number of passengers traveling taken into consideration. When Booking online or via phone or in app the costs are as follows
- Tariff 1 - 0700 to 2259 - £4.20 start then £3.00 per mile or part thereof - Waiting time 30p per minute
- Tariff 2 - 2300 to 0659 - £6.30 start then £4.50 per mile or part thereof - Waiting time 40p per minute
- Tariff 2 all bank holidays.
- In busy periods a % surcharge will be applied. This will be notified at the time of booking what the % is.
- Luggage up to 50p per item. Domestic Pets £1-£5 per pet.
- Soiling charge is £100
- A&J Taxis reserves the right to provide an alternative vehicle type from the original selected if your chosen vehicle is unavailable.
- If pricing is not agreed via app or web or phone prior to travel standard DCC Local authority pricing will apply, calculated by softmeter in vehicle.
- We may offer fixed prices for any journeys
- We have minimum prices set up for any journeys starting outside of Rhyl, these are as follows.
- Prestatyn £17
- Towyn - £12
- Abergele £14
- Kimnel Bay £8
- St Asaph & Bodelwyddan £14
- Rhuddlan £10
- Wrexham £100
- Holywell £45
- Ruthin £45
- Llanrwst £80
- Colwyn Bay £45
- Denbigh £36
- Llandudno & Conwy £55
- All other areas Minimum prices will be advised at time of booking.
Flight Delays & Arrival waiting times
Occasionally, if your incoming flight is delayed by more than one hour, we may need to reschedule your booking. This is so we can service other customers bookings. On these rare occasions we will get to you at the airport as soon as possible. If, for this reason, you wish to cancel your booking or use an alternative carrier no refund shall be given. YOU may be able to claim against the airline and / or your travel insurance.
On Journeys collecting from an airport We do not charge for the 1st hour's waiting time after the plane has landed. Waiting time charges will however start once the 1st hour has elapsed from when the aircraft has landed and will be charged, regardless of reason, at £20/hr pro rata.
Any Tolls are not included in the instant online quotes, or app bookings. The driver will ask you for the money directly, or will add on a a surcharge.
Any amendment must be made via an email or via our portal or by telephone to us to. Amendments must not be made with your driver.
We will accept any cancellation as long as 24 hours notice is provided, with the exceptions listed below.. There will be a £15 or 10% (whichever is higher) administration / transaction charge per journey. All cancellations must be made via an email, booking portal or app.
Refunds will not be issued in the following circumstances:
- No refund is made if the passenger does not show up for pre-paid journeys.
- No refund is made for cancellation of a booking with less than 24 hours notice provided or afterwards.
- No refunds of any kind, full or partial, are issued for cancellations of bookings made on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve or New Years day, regardless of notice period given. Payments for these days are non refundable.
- All other circumstances where a refund may be possible should be addressed to us via email.
Service Delivery Policy
All our services are delivered in line with ‘Denbighshire County Councils' Local authority guidelines for provision of vehicles for Hire or reward. When booking online or via app or phone you are contracting as a private hire customer with charges outlined in the pricing section.
Independent contractors Vehicles will be plated (where required), insured to carry out travel for Hire or Reward, and will be a minimum of the grade of vehicle you have booked.
Independent contractors will have completed the relevant local authority checks in order to provide the service, these include but are not limited to - DBS Check, Local knowledge, Social Services checks.
Any complaints regarding service should be raised in writing with our office, preferably by email. All complaints must be submitted within 30 days of the event giving rise to the complaint.
A copy of our complaints handling procedure is available to customers on request.
Please note that all calls may be recorded for quality,training, management purposes.
I, Andrew Bunn & Luke Packer, t/a A&J Taxis ("A&J Taxis") (“we” “our” or “us”) of 8 ffordd aberkinsey, Rhyl, are fully committed to respecting your privacy and to protecting any information you provide to us or that we receive about you from our client taxi companies ("A&J Taxis Clients"). We treat both privacy and security as a priority and make every effort to ensure that all the information provided by you is protected.
This Data Protection Notice (the "Notice") exists to respect and protect the privacy of all users of the services provided by us (the "A&J Taxis Services") and is intended to inform you about the way that we treat your personal data.
1. Scope of Notice
- This Notice applies in relation to the processing by A&J Taxis of your personal data as a controller and in particular to your use of, or engagement with our software application (the "App");
- This Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we receive or collect about you in connection with your use of the A&J Taxis Services ("Personal Data"), will be processed by us or by our third-party service providers.
- For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"), we are the controller of your Personal Data in certain circumstances (as outlined below).
- Client Services- to the extent that your Personal Data is collected by A&J Taxis Clients in connection exclusively with the provision of their separate taxi company services (the "Client Services"), the A&J Taxis Client shall be the controller of your Personal Data. Further information regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Data by the A&J Taxis Client is set out in the A&J Taxis Client Passenger Data Protection Notice which we recommend you read in detail before using the App. This Client Passenger Data Protection Notice is available from your A&J Taxis Client (Taxi Company)
- A&J Taxis Services- to the extent certain categories of your Personal Data are shared with or collected by A&J Taxis for purposes of or in connection with the A&J Taxis Services as more particularly detailed below, A&J Taxis shall be a controller of your Personal Data and your Personal Data shall be processed in accordance with this Notice.
2. Your Personal Data Collected and Processed by A&J Taxis
IMPORTANT: Please note that the below list of Personal Data, while intended to be as complete and accurate as reasonably possible, is merely indicative and not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time.
A&J Taxis typically receives and processes some or all of the following Personal Data about you.
- Information provided when you engage with A&J Taxis Clients to use the Client Services and the A&J Taxis Services, create an account through the App, download or install the App, and when you report a problem with the A&J Taxis Services, App or Website or when you correspond with A&J Taxis or A&J Taxis Clients generally in connection with your use of the Services.
- The information you provide to A&J Taxis Clients may include but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, age, date of birth, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, [photograph] and gender.
- We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys.
- Technical information including but not limited to the type of device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, network information, your operating system, time zone setting and device locale)
- · Details of your use of the A&J Taxis Services including, but not limited to weblogs and/or other communication data and the resources that you access
- · Depending on how you choose to use the A&J Taxis Services (that is, whether through use of our App, Website or by contacting A&J Taxis Clients or A&J Taxis through other means), we may collect details of your location data to determine your current location.
Information we receive from other sources
- · A&J Taxis may receive certain information (both from A&J Taxis Client and from third party service providers) about you that they choose to disclose with us. This information may include your name, email, address and location.
- · A&J Taxis may receive transaction details related to your use of the A&J Taxis and/or Client Services, including the type of services you requested, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and payment method. A&J Taxis and A&J Taxis Clients may also record details as to whether or not a taxi journey is cancelled by you.
- · A&J Taxis Clients may share information with A&J Taxis about how you interact with the Client Services. This includes information such as access dates and times, App features or pages viewed, App crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with the Client Services.
3. Legal Bases and Purposes
- Where your Personal Data is used for the purposes of the A&J Taxis Services (e.g. for taxi tracking, fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes) A&J Taxis shall be a controller and process your Personal Data for the purposes and on the bases set out below:
- Legal Basis
- Legitimate Interests
- It is in A&J Taxis's legitimate interests to collect and process the personal data for the following purposes:
- · To facilitate the A&J Taxis Services being provided to you through utilisation of A&J Taxis software.
- · To protect the rights, property or safety of you, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- · To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns.
- · To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of the A&J Taxis Services. For example, A&J Taxis uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud other users.
- · To carry out analysis and research on usage trends & traffic. This includes, for example, predicting demand and trends, to improve the user experience, and to enhance the safety and security of the A&J Taxis Services.
- You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data carried out on this basis.
- When A&J Taxis processes your personal data based on legitimate interests, it makes sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your data protection rights. A&J Taxis will not process your personal data for activities where its interests are overridden by the impact on you.
- Legal Basis
- To Comply With a Legal Obligation
- A&J Taxis may process your Personal Data as necessary in order for it:
- · To comply with applicable UK, Irish and European Union laws.
- · To comply with requests from regulators, government entities and official inquiries.
4. Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
Where A&J Taxis acts as a controller of your Personal Data, A&J Taxis may disclose some or all of the Personal Data it holds about you to the following third parties:
- · Law Enforcement Agencies: A&J Taxis may disclose your information if it is under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- · Buyers and Sellers of Business Assets: If A&J Taxis or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Web service providers and App providers, this include Icabbi and Excel technologies - each service has their own data protection notice available on their websites.
- Vehicle suppliers - in the event of a breakdown we may need to provide your information to Ford, MG, RAC or AA, or any of their representatives. Each have their own privacy notices available of their websites.
A&J Taxis will share your data with independent drivers for the provision of Taxi and Private Hire services.
5. Links to Third Party Websites
- The App or Website may contain links to and from the websites of A&J Taxis and/or A&J Taxis Client partner networks, advertisers and service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own data protection notices and that A&J Taxis and A&J Taxis Clients do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any Personal Data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use any such third party services.
6. A&J Taxis Use of Statistical Information
- A&J Taxis may log certain information concerning your use of the App or Website in relation to activities connected with the use the A&J Taxis Services. This information is logged for the purpose of providing the A&J Taxis Services. The information gathered is then aggregated and anonymised.
- From the anonymised information collected, statistics may be compiled in the form of percentages and/or figures relating to users’ interaction with the A&J Taxis Services. As a service, certain anonymised statistical information may be supplied to third parties in order to help them understand the likes, dislikes, trends, habits and behaviour of A&J Taxis Service users.
7. Storing and Transfers of Your Personal Data
- The Personal Data collected from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff or contractors operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
- Your Personal Data is only transferred outside the EEA where the EU Commission has decided that the third country in question ensures an adequate level of protection in line with EU data protection standards OR there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
- All information that is shared with and controlled by A&J Taxis is stored on our secure servers or the servers of our service providers, contractors or suppliers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the App or Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
8. How Long We Keep Your Personal Data For
- A&J Taxis will keep your Personal Data for as long as you use the App or Website and after you delete your account for a reasonable period not exceeding 7 years.
- Please note that in certain circumstances, A&J Taxis may hold your Personal Data for a longer period, for example, if we are processing an ongoing claim or believe in good faith that the law or a relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your data.
9. Your Rights & How to Exercise Them
You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data which are set out in this Section 9. In particular these rights include the right to object to processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests. Note that in certain circumstances, these rights might not be absolute.
- Further Information
- Right to be Informed
- You have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed by us, how we use your personal data and your rights in relation to your personal data.
Right of Access
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data held by us about you.
- We will only charge you for making such an access request where we feel your request is unjustified or excessive.
- You may also access your personal data by logging into your account on the App or Website and viewing your profile.
- Right to Rectification
- You have the right to request that we amend any inaccurate personal data that we have about you.
- Right to Erasure
- · You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data where:
- (1) it is no longer necessary to perform the contract
- (2) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis permitting us to process your personal data
- (3) you object to the processing and we have no overriding legitimate grounds
- (4) your personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- (5) it must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
- Please note that some of your personal data may be required in order for the App to function properly.
- Right to Restriction of Processing
- You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your personal data in the following situations:
- (1) where you contest the accuracy of your personal data
- (2) where the processing is unlawful and you do not want us to delete your personal data
- (3) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing but you require the data in relation to a legal claim
- (4) where you have objected to us processing your personal data pending the verification as to whether or not our legitimate interests override your interests or in connection with legal proceedings.
- When you exercise this right we may only store your personal data.
- We may not further process the data unless you consent or the processing is necessary in relation to a legal claim or to protect the rights of another person or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
- Please note that it be may necessary for us to process some of your personal data in order to provide the App or Website and in certain instances where you ask us not to process your personal data you may not be able to use the App or Website.
- We will inform you before the processing restriction is lifted.
Right to Data Portability
- · You may request us to provide you with your Personal Data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another controller where this is technically feasible.
- · This right only arises where:
- (1) we process your personal data on the legal bases of your consent or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you; and
- (2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Object
- · You have a right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data where we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of pursuing our legitimate interests.
- Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making, including Profiling
- · You have a right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- · We may not be able to comply with this request where the processing is necessary to enter or perform our contract with you or where you explicitly consent to this. However, you are entitled to have a person from our team to review the decision so that you can query it and set out your point of view to us.
- If you wish to submit a request to A&J Taxis to exercise any of the above rights, please submit a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission with regards to the processing of your personal data by us.
10. Age Restriction
- Individuals under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the Services and must not attempt to register and/or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of 18 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 18, we will delete this information as soon as reasonably possible. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at email@example.com
11. Questions Regarding This Notice
- If you have a comment, request or question regarding A&J Taxis's processing of your Personal Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any questions regarding the processing by A&J Taxis Clients of your Personal Data should be directed to the contact details set out in the relevant A&J Taxis Client's data protection notice available from the A&J Taxis Client (Taxi Company)