TERMS & CONDITIONS
You will receive an Booking Confirmation email for the journey(s) you have paid for, if you have provided an email address. You are responsible for checking that they are correct. You will get a log in to the portal there you can check your journey details and make amendments if needed.
A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum does not accept any responsibility in any way for missed flights for whatever reason i.e. traffic delays, accidents, breakdowns, severe weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances.
We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours prior to flight departure to allow for possible unpredicted delays en route to or from the airport. A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum will not take responsibility for any passengers missing their flight if two hours check in time was not allowed.
You are free of course to arrange to get to the airport for a time of less than 2 hours prior to flight departure, however A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum accepts no responsibility for any missed flight due to this.
All passengers are advised to have adequate travel insurance prior to booking.
No responsibilities for costs are to be refunded to any passengers who do not wait for their driver and take alternative transport.
A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum does not accept any responsibility in any way if the passenger/luggage requirements exceed the capacity of the vehicle booked. If you are unsure about the capacity of the vehicle booked please contact A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum customer services team immediately.
The exact route of your journey is down to the driver's discretion on the day of travel, alternate routes may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. In some cases, where the mileage or duration significantly changes, alternate routes may incur additional charges, this is calculated on a case by case basis.
Please ensure you give us your arrival times and day in to the UK and not your departing information.
If your flight has any serious delays please inform us or the driver as soon as possible.
A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum use their own transport wherever possible but may use third party companies where appropriate.
Reservations made for service on the following Dates, 23rd-27th December 30th December to 2nd January, and all other bank holidays will be subject to a 50% surcharge on our standard pricing.
Additionally for non airport bookings, nights out, local taxis etc, A&J are not responsible for missed appointments, start of shows, missed connections, where there are circumstances beyond our control. Please allow adequate time for your journey. Our booking calculator will tell you how long a journey will approximately take with no traffic. Please factor this in to your start time.
POLICIES & NOTICES
A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum prices are calculated manually with the distance, time of travel and number of passengers traveling taken into consideration.
A&J Taxis and AJ Platinum reserves the right to provide an upgraded vehicle type from the original selected if your chosen vehicle is unavailable.
On Journeys collecting from an airport We do not charge for the 1st hour's waiting time after the plane has landed.
Waiting time charges will however start once the 1st hour has elapsed from when the aircraft has landed and will be charged, regardless of reason, at £20/hr pro rata.
Waiting time for all other journeys will be charged at £20/hr pro rata from the scheduled pick up time.
Any Tolls are not included in the instant online quotes. The driver will ask you for the money or we can take this from your card if you prefer.
Any amendment must be made via an email or via our portal or by telephone to us to which you will receive an email confirming the amendment. Amendments must not be made with your driver.
All bookings must be made through the office either via the website, telephone or e-mail. Bookings can be made direct with a driver, for which you will receive a confirmation within 48hrs.If you do not have an email you are not booked in.
We will accept any cancellation as long as 24 hours notice is provided. There will be a £15 or 10% (whichever is higher) administration / transaction charge per journey. All cancellations must be made via an email to which you will receive confirmation by us.
If you do not receive an email from Us confirming the cancellation, then we have not received it. In this case please call our out of hours number which is01745344444.
Refunds will not be issued in the following circumstances:
- No refund is made if the passenger does not show up for pre-paid journeys.
- No refund is made for cancellation of a booking with less than 24 hours notice provided or afterwards.
- All other circumstances where a refund may be possible should be addressed to us via email.
Service Delivery Policy
All our services are delivered in line with ‘Denbighshire County Coucils’ Local authority guidelines for provision of vehicles for Hire or reward.
All Vehicles will be plated (where required), insured to carry out travel for Hire or Reward, and will be a minimum of the grade of vehicle you havebooked.
Drivers will have completed the relevant local authority checks in order to provide the service, these include but are not limited to - DBS Check, Local knowledge, Social Services checks.
Any complaints regarding service should be raised in writing with our office, preferably by reply to your confirmation email. All complaints must be submitted within 30 days of the event giving rise to the complaint.
Please note that some calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
- The term A&J Taxis or A&J Platinum or 'us' or 'we' refers to the A&J Taxis, 6 Clos Dinbych, Bodelwyddan.
- We collect and store the minimum information possible to provide the services you've requested (i.e. to process your order). We may also use this information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve our technologies and services.
- The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Where required to fulfil your transfer, we may pass selected information to third parties.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- How we collect and use your personal data
- In this Section we set out:
- the categories of personal data that we may process;
- the reason why we may process personal data;
- the legal basis for processing this data;
- when we provide your personal data to others;
- the steps we take to protect your personal data.
- We may collect and process data about your use of our website ('analytics data'). The analytics data may include any of the following: your IP address; approximate location, internet browser type and version, your PC's operating system, the source of referral, length of your visit, and website navigation paths, as well as information about the frequency, and pattern of your visits. We gather this data through the Google Analytics service. The legal basis for the processing of this data is our legitimate interests in improving our website and service.
- We collect and process data relating to Customer Profiles ('Customer Data'). This data includes: your full name, email address, phone number & billing address). You will be required to provide this data during the process of booking our service. The legal basis for processing this data is for the performance of the contract, in particular for us to be able to reliably communicate with you regarding your bookings as well as organise and provide the service you have requested. Some of this data may be passed to a third-party service as part of Transaction Information, for more information see section 2.5.
- We may collect and process personal data relating to Journeys or Transfers ('Journey Data'). This data includes: head passenger name, passenger mobile telephone number, the route of your journey, flight / service numbers & the date and time of your travel. The legal basis for processing this data is for the performance of the contract. Some of the journey data, where required to fulfil your transfer, may be passed to third-parties, for example independent taxi drivers. Where possible, without impacting the quality of service, this sharing of data is restricted to un-identifiable information, for example when checking the availability of a third-party only the date, time, waypoint postcodes, number of passengers and type of vehicle are provided.
- Any transaction data is not stored by us. We use third party partners to process transactions, this will be Paypal.We do not store any card details. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
- We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to or have with us ('correspondence data'). The correspondence data may include: email content, online chat transcripts, call recordings and metadata associated with the communication. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you. Where possible we avoid collecting transaction data in correspondence data, this is done via warning notices on emails and pausing call recordings during the payment. In the unlikely event transaction data is captured in correspondence data records are deleted and purged from our system. The legal basis for this processing is in the performance of a contract, namely to organize and supply the purchased services.
- We may process your personal data where necessary, for use in the defence of legal claims in court or another legal proceeding. The legal basis for this is to protect and assert our legal rights, the rights of our customers or the rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your interests or the interests of another person.
- Retaining and deleting personal data
- This Section sets out our data retention policies, these are designed to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data and are designed so that we maintain the lowest possible level of risk to our customers.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purchased service and our, or a third-parties, legal obligations.
- We will retain and delete your personal data as follows:
- Google Analytics retains data relating to a visit to our website indefinitely, the data collected is non-identifiable.
- We collect some identifiable analytics data, this is stored for at most 1 month following a visit to our website, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems.
- Customer Data will be retained for 25 years from the end of last tax period following the completion of all booked journeys, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems. The data retention period will restart should any additional services be purchased during the data retention period, it is retained for this period to ensure compliance with the Finance Act of 1988, Schedule 18, Part 3, Section 21(2) which requires us to preserve relevant transactional information.
- Journey Data will be retained for minimum 1 year following the completion of the journey in accordance with our legal obligations as a registered Hire or Reward company with our Local Authority, at the end of which period it may be deleted from our systems.
- Some Transaction Data will be retained for 252 years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to in accordance to our legal obligations, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems.
- Correspondence Data will be retained for at most 18 months following its collection, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems. Transactional correspondences issued by us are retained for 6 years from the end of last tax period in order to comply with the Finance Act of 1988, Schedule 18, Part 3, Section 21(2) which requires us to preserve relevant transactional information.
- We may retain your personal data where it is vital for use in defence of legal claims in court or another legal proceeding.
- We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Your rights
- You have the right to access; rectify or request the removal of any personal information we hold about you. We are legally bound to provide/remove this information free of charge within 30 days. This right however is subject to some limitations:
- There may be a legal reason we cannot remove the data.
- The data may be integral to providing the service, deleting or removing it would result in the cancellation of service. In this case you would be subject to our normal cancellation fees / procedure.
- You will be required to supply proof of your identity, in most circumstances we will accept two forms of ID such as a passport, driving license or a copy of a utility bill showing your address listed. This information must be provided by email or post along with your request to which you will receive confirmation of receipt by us within 5 days.
- If the request is complicated the timeframe for rectification can be extended by up to two months.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to our use of this data. In some cases this may result cancellation of your service and any relevant charges.
- Your Data may be passed to the Local Authority and or Police for the completion of their duties.