Hours: 10 - 15 per week
Compensation: Unpaid / College Credit
Company Description: Black Girl In Om exists to hold, heal, and spark awakening and consciousness shifts in black women around the world. Our origin story was cultivated out of lack and need shifting the mainstream narrative of what 'well-being' looks like, feels like, and sounds like in dominant culture to more accurately represent diverse voices, bodies and experiences. As an organization, we leverage content, community, experiential, and editorial to support the necessary transformation, spiritual awakening, consciousness shifts, and intergenerational healing occurring within the diaspora.
Job Description: Supports the creative team in regard to graphic design, content creation and the execution of creative processes and projects.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Support the Creative Team with admin tasks including keeping track of creative requests and tagging who needs to receive them upon completion, updating Monday.com board status, taking notes during meetings, etc.
- Actively researches strategies and approaches to enhance creative output
- Follows systems and best practices for delivering content
- Assists with photo, graphics, and vendor databases
- 1+ year(s) of experience in graphic design
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
Please submit an application here https://blackgirlinom.typeform.com/to/RbvZA3aW
and forward work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com