PINK Rules and Policies
Initially drafted January 25th, 2015 by Benevolent Overlord Ultimastorm
- While cussing is allowed, harmful speech will not be tolerated.
- Soundboards are not allowed, except for special circumstances.
- The outfit TS3 server is open to the public, whether or not someone is in the outfit. Specific channels may be private.
- No recording unless in specified channels and the recording is made obvious to all who enter.
- Be respectful of others, if an individual present reasonably requests a certain topic be avoided, avoid the topic
- If an individual is causing excessive disruptions, a minor quorum may act to control the issue, with measures up to or including a temporary ban.
- PINK's main goal and purpose is to have as much fun as possible. All decisions should be made with this taken into consideration.
- All decisions and changes should be made with group knowledge and consensus, and not by a single individual acting on their own.
- All members have equal input, regardless of rank.
- Basic rank. This member has not joined our Teamspeak server.
- This member has joined our Teamspeak server.
- This member has joined the TS server, and has made either a notable contribution to the outfit, or has continually played since the Planetside Beta. This member does not contribute towards the administration of the outfit, and may be considered an Officer candidate.
- This member is a part of the administration of PINK, or plays a significant role within the outfit. A member, if chosen to be an Officer, does have the opportunity to decline the promotion. Officer is not necessarily a permanent rank.
- This member plays a key role in outfit administration, and in certain decisions has the final say, but is otherwise equal to Officers. The Outfit Manager does NOT have the authority to single-handedly overrule decisions made. The Outfit Manager also acts as Daybreak's contact point to PINK. Only one member actively holds this rank, currently Ultimastorm.
- A second Outfit Manager exists, RoboticOctopus. RoboticOctopus is a shell account with complete control over the outfit. Login information is controlled by the Outfit Manager, and is made available to a maximum of three and a minimum of one other trusted Officer. Which Officers have the login information is decided solely by the Outfit Manager.
- This is the overall outfit structure, ranks may vary between different games due to structural limitations.
- NOTE: This section is to be used as a guideline to ensure consistency in promotion. Gaining rank within PINK should not be a member's main concern, instead having fun should always be the main goal.
- Express interest in joining PINK and complete the application process. Do not have a strongly negative standing with PINK.
- Join the PINK Teamspeak server. If a member joins once simply for the rank and never joins again the rank can be revoked with a minor quorum.
- Be an active member of PINK and either actively lead PINK squads/activities, or make a significant contribution to PINK. Promotion of a member to Winged must be approved by at least two Officers.
- Be active within PINK for a period of at least one month. If an existing Officer believes that a member is trustworthy enough to be an Officer and has made significant enough contributions to PINK a vote will be called, where the majority of active Officers must agree to the promotion. Outfit mergers are the exception to the one month period and vote rules.
- As Outfit Manager is only held by one member the Outfit Manager is either chosen by the old Outfit Manager as they step down, or is elected to the position if the old Outfit Manager is demoted by group consensus or fails to name a successor.
- A quorum for minor decisions is three officers.
- A quorum for major decisions is five officers.
- Larger decisions require a larger outfit consensus, with at least nine members present, with a minimum of five being Officers.
- While a non-officer member does not count towards a minor or major quorum they may still cast a vote.
- The quorum is the minimum number of members required for a vote to occur, not the number of members that must agree on the decision.
- All members can and should contribute to outfit decisions.
- Monthly meetings occur on the first Saturday of each month, traditionally at 9PM PT. It is the Outfit Manager’s role to run the meetings. If the Outfit Manager is not present, it falls to an Officer that volunteers to run the meeting.
- Off-schedule meetings can be called by any Officer if there are pressing issues that need discussion.
- Depending on the importance of the decision, a quorum may not be required at a regularly scheduled meeting. Off schedule meetings and non-meeting votes still require a quorum to be present.
- Activity checks are performed monthly at meetings.
- A member is marked inactive after three months of not logging in.
- Recruits are marked inactive after one month of not logging in.
- A member can be ‘saved’ at this point. A member is saved if anyone in PINK requests that they are saved, regardless of rank. This decision cannot be overruled.
- Unless a member is saved, they will be kicked out at this point.
- Officers are automatically demoted at three months of inactivity, but are automatically saved.
- At six months since logging in, a member is kicked out regardless of saved status.
- The Outfit Manager can grant special exceptions to this.
- INCIN, Argash, and SeaShadow are exempt from ever being kicked for inactivity due to significant contributions to the outfit.
Policy for Officer decisions
- If an Officer would like to demote a non-Officer member, a quorum for minor decisions must be present and agree to the demotion. If a quorum is not present, the Officer may act on their own to demote the member, but must make a post on the Officer’s section of the forums afterwards. This course of action should only be pursued if the member is abusing either rank or power, and is harming the outfit.
- If an Officer would like to remove an active member from the outfit, a quorum for major decisions must be present. If a quorum is not present, the Officer must propose removal of the member on the Officer’s section of the forums. An Officer may remove the member without a quorum present if and only if the member remaining in PINK will create lasting damage to the outfit. If this course of action is pursued, the Officer must create a thread on the forums, either in Outfit Discussion or the Officers Lounge, explaining their reasoning for the removal. All removals must be for violating the rule of “don’t be an asshole” repeatedly or significantly, including illegitimate play such as statpadding, hacking, or abusing exploits, or to ensure the member does not damage the outfit.
- Recent recruits or uninvolved members may be removed with only a quorum for minor decisions present.
- If it is believed that an Officer must be demoted from their position, then the decision must be brought up on the Officer’s section of the forums. If necessary, a meeting may be called to discuss the issue. A formal vote of at least 6 Officers will be held to make the decision. Non-Officer members may send a representative for the vote depending on the circumstance. A supermajority of ⅔, or 66% must be reached for the decision to carry. An Officer cannot be removed from the outfit without first being demoted. If Officers would like to remove the demoted Officer from the outfit, the policy for removal of standard members takes effect. An Officer may not participate in the vote for their own demotion.
- If an Officer believes that a member should be promoted to Officer, they can bring it up at either a monthly meeting, or in the Officer’s section of the forums. As per INCIN’s Legacy, the majority of active Officers must agree on the promotion.
- If an issue exists that is out of control and presents the possibility of lasting damage to PINK, an Officer may act on their own to attempt to temporarily control the issue. This is strongly discouraged and the action taken must be documented. If another Officer disagrees with the action taken then an emergency meeting must be called to discuss it.
- The Outfit Manager may demote an Officer without consulting other Officers in emergency situations. This policy’s restrictions are the same as the restrictions placed on emergency decisions made by Officers.
- The Outfit Manager has the same restrictions as Officers.
Demotion of the Outfit Manager
- The Outfit Manager may step down themselves, and will have the opportunity to name an Officer as a successor.
- If it is believed that the Outfit Manager needs to be demoted, the decision should be brought up in an emergency meeting, or at the regular monthly meetings. At the meeting, a vote will be taken before any discussion occurs, to gauge support for removal of the Outfit Manager. All members present participate in the vote. If support for removal is under 25%, no more discussion occurs, and the Outfit Manager retains rank. If support is over 25%, a discussion will occur. After discussion, another vote will be taken. A ⅔ majority will be required to remove the Outfit Manager. In addition, a successor must be named immediately at the meeting, and agreed upon by the majority of the members present. If no successor is chosen, the Outfit Manager retains rank. All members present have an equally weighted vote, except the Outfit Manager, who cannot vote. The Outfit Manager may contribute to the discussion and try to defend themselves. Abstaining in the vote is allowed, and the member will not be counted as for or against the demotion.
Changing this document
- The Outfit Manager is the only member that has the ability to change this document.
- All changes to this document are considered largely significant decisions, and must be voted on in meetings.
- Changes made but not yet accepted are considered advisory.
- While the Outfit Manager holds the sole power to make changes to this document, if a ⅔ majority of the voting members request a change, the change must be implemented, regardless of the Outfit Manager’s stance on it.
Violations of this document
- Actions taken depend on the severity of the violation.
- A minor violation, or oversight, will result in a request for the member to pay more attention to this document in the future.
- A medium violation, but one that does not present significant lasting harm to the outfit will result in a discussion with the violating member, the Outfit Manager and/or a group of Officers. Affected members may be brought into the discussion.
- Major violations that may cause significant lasting damage to the outfit will cause the violating member to come under immediate review in an emergency meeting regarding action that may need to be taken, including possible demotion or removal from the outfit.
- If multiple violations are made action taken will be decided by a group of Officers based on severity and number of violations.
Revision log (Dates are mm/dd/yy)
- Initially drafted: 1/25/15
- Added “Demotion of the Benevolent Overlord,” “Editing this document,” and “Violations of this document.” Added a section on emergency Officer demotion in “Policy for Officer decisions”: 1/26/15
- Document has been voted on, is official: 2/7/15
- Changed SOE to Daybreak, fixed some grammar. RIP SOE: 2/11/15
- Further grammar and continuity fixes: 2/19/15
- Slight grammar and formatting changes. Edited much of the document and added a “Comms rules” section. All changes are denoted in red and are considered advisory, until voted on and made official: 3/4/15
- Modified the wording or rule 3, added a bullet to “violations of this document”, and created a more solid definition of a larger outfit consensus. Again, the proposed changes are in red and are to be considered advisory: 3/7/15
- All proposed changes have been accepted: 3/7/15
- Finally got around to cleaning up the document from drafting changes, no actual policy changes were made: 3/18/15
- Fixed some more lasting drafts, made clarifications, fixed some grammar. No policy changes were made: 3/31/15
- Made some policy changes, added in the “general policy” section. All changes are in red and are considered advisory at this time: 4/27/15
- Added the "gaining rank" section, adjusted definition of larger outfit consensus quorum, functionally similar. All changes are highlighted in red, and are considered advisory: 4/28/15
- Rules voted upon and accepted: 5/2/15
- Updated document to reflect rank name changes, updated inactivity removals. Clarifications made throughout document: 1/9/16
- Quorum for minor decisions changed to three Officers, made it so recent recruits or uninvolved members could be removed with a minor quorum. Made it so the Outfit Manager could only name an Officer as a replacement when stepping down: 2/8/16
- Quorum for major decisions changed to five Officers, larger outfit decision quorum to 9 members, with at least 5 Officers: 6/14/16