CANDIDATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Scholarship Amount: $250
Deadlines: October 21st, 2022 & February 10th, 2023
- Must be a current DECTFL member in good standing.
- Free for student teachers or discounted 1st year in Delaware memberships available.
- Click here to join DECTFL.
- Application MUST be submitted electronically with official links.
- Physical or emailed applications will NOT be considered.
- Provide up-to-date Resume or CV.
- Provide a recent, unofficial transcript from school of attendance.
- 2 Letters of recommendation.
- 1 from current or most recent language/pedagogy instructor or supervisor.
- 1 from another instructor, field supervisor, supervisor, or colleague.
- Completed application submitted by due date: 10/21/22 or 2/10/23 by 11:59 PM.
- Note: Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Money must be used for expenses related to becoming a world language teacher:
- For example: professional assessments, professional development, study abroad, classroom materials/supplies, etc.
- Submit visual evidence of funds spent for awarded purpose(s) within 6 month of dispersal.
- Within 3 months, provide a written narrative of how the funds were spent and a description of the benefits of the activities undertaken.
Note: Past winners must wait two (2) years to apply again.
Applicant Information: CLICK HERE FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Email & Phone Number
- Language(s) & Level(s) Taken / Are Taking
- Year(s) Studying Language(s)
- Language / Travel Experience (optional)
- Extracurricular Activities (optional)
- What makes you an exceptional World Language teacher candidate?
- Plan: Detailed use of funds and timeline of implementation. (250 word limit)
- Rationale: Impact on teaching practice and benefit to students. (250 word limit)
Recommendations: (x2) CLICK HERE FOR RECOMMENDATION FORM
- Name & Contact Information (Email & Phone Number)
- Relationship to Applicant & Years Known
- Category Ratings: (Out of a total 5 points: 1-unacceptable, 5-exceptional)
- Academic Achievement b. Intellectual Curiosity c. Maturity
- WORLD LANGUAGE TEACHER ONLY - Proficiency Levels:
- Listening b. Reading c. Speaking d. Writing
- Written Recommendation. 500 word limit.