TDC Students and Families,
We have loved being together this fall! As the situation in Dallas evolves, we are continuing to update and change our policies according to guidance from local, state and federal authorities.
How we are operating:
We will be following the CDC’s recommended guidelines to keep our team and dancers safe.
In addition, we are taking the following precautions within our studios:
● All staff and students will have their temperature taken before entering the building using a no-touch thermometer and if temperature is > than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, the individual must go home, monitor symptoms, and contact a physician
● All staff/faculty and students are required to wear a face covering. Students ages 0-2 are highly encouraged to wear a mask but not required. Students in Petite, Kinder or Mini classes are now required to wear a mask. (Should your child have a medical reason to refrain from wearing a mask please submit a doctor’s note to the studio)
● No activities will be allowed that require direct or indirect contact including: partnering, tactile cueing, direct floor work, or touching the same equipment.
● Staff will sanitize and disinfect shared surfaces frequently
○ Barres will be cleaned immediately after use
○ Floors and any other areas touched by anyone will be cleaned before the next class.
● We encourage our dancers and their families to wear masks or facial coverings, wash/sanitize your hands before coming to the studio, and — most importantly — stay at home if you are feeling sick.
● We encourage students to use the restroom prior to arriving at the studio to limit the use of shared facilities.
● Eating of any kind will not be allowed in the studios.
● Parents will not be allowed in the lobbies. Students should be dropped off at the door to the studio and shoes should be removed at the door. Dance shoes may not be worn outside of the studio.
● Each studio has been assigned a specific door for entry/exit:
○ Dallas Studios
■ Studio 1 – East side of building, facing Inwood Rd
■ Studio 2 – Downstairs lobby door
■ Studio A – New door directly into Studio A, upstairs
■ Studio B – Upstairs lobby door, left of exiting elevator
■ Studio C – Upstairs lobby door, right of exiting elevator
■ Studio D – New door directly into Studio D, top of stairs
○ Frisco Studios
■ Studio 8 – Main lobby entrance
■ Studio 5 – Door directly into Studio 5
● Criteria for participation in classes/camps/intensives:
○ No signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
○ If a dancer has had COVID-19, then they will need a clearance note from their doctor to return to the studios or a confirmed negative test
○ No close or sustained contact with anyone who is sick within 14 days of starting group training.
To ensure our staff and dancers maintain distance, we will be limiting the number of dancers in at a time, and will be restricting the use of shared common areas such as the lobbies and dressing rooms. Smaller studios will be limited to 10 dancers and larger studios will be limited to 14. Any increase of class sizes will be communicated to the parents before changing. All classes will be in person but will have a virtual option available.
Primary classes (Age 0-5) will receive a supply bag consisting of a scarf, bean bag, wand, and tambourine that will be stored at the studio for use by each individual student. No sharing of supplies will be allowed and a $20 supply fee will be charged to your account. .
We are carefully monitoring the situation. The most important thing is to make sure we conduct business in a safe environment.
If you have specific questions, please reach out to us. Please sign that you have read and understand the guidelines and bring with you on your first day in the studio. Students will not be allowed to participate without a signed form.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Jacqueline Porter Clair Culin
Executive Artistic Director Associate Artistic Director
I have read, understand and will follow the health guidelines and protocols put in place by The Dallas Conservatory to the best of my ability. Any contact with an individual diagnosed with or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 will be promptly reported to TDC management.
Assumption of Risk
The Dallas Conservatory and its teachers take every precaution to provide an injury-free experience for its students in our studios and online. In the event of student injury or accident, The Dallas Conservatory and its employees assume no responsibility, financial or otherwise.
The Dallas Conservatory will take every precaution and follow recommended guidelines as necessary and available to provide a safe and healthy environment. Upon entering the premises, you assume the risk of illness upon yourself wholly. In the event a TDC student, family member of the student, or any contact of the student develops symptoms of the Coronavirus or any other illness, The Dallas Conservatory and its employees assume no responsibility, financial or otherwise.
Release of Liability
I hereby waive and release all rights and claims against The Dallas Conservatory and its employees, owners, associates and contractors from any damages or injury sustained by myself or my child in classes, on studio premises, during online instruction from home, or at any outside studio event.
I attest to the fact that I am at least 18 years of age and legally responsible for myself and / or my child. I hereby release the above-related parties from any liability now or in the future.
I've read the above and agree.
Parent Signature Date