📝 Edit this document to make it better 📝
This is a crowdsourced collection of resources for HR and business leaders to help inform and support Coronavirus response plans. Here you’ll find a curated collection of public Coronavirus response communications, templates, news, remote work, hiring impact, and resources.
Coronavirus HR Comms &
This guide is updated regularly by the community.
How To Use This Guide
- 👀 View the resource collections by scrolling or using the left navigation.
- 🔍 Search for specific resources by simultaneously pressing command-f.
- ➕ Contribute resources, links, updates to the doc. Given traffic/access issues, send any updates to me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR @Lars.
- 👥 Join the conversation and community on twitter using #CoronavirusHR.
- 📣 Help other HR & business leaders find it by retweeting this tweet or sharing in HR, people, VC, business communities.
- ⚠️ Disclaimer The content below is crowdsourced so not independently verified. If you see an update for your company that is not accurate, please update directly or contact me.
📂 Coronavirus Response Plans
💡 Articles & Resources
🔄 HR & Business Support Resources
👪 How Companies Are Responding w/Remote Work & Children @ Home
- Wikimedia - shifted to halftime work expectation, waiving all sick days, guaranteeing comp for hourly/contract workers at full pay
- Basecamp - Update for working parents
👥 Employee Support Resources
💻 Remote Work
💼 Coronavirus Legal & Employment Law Resources
➕ How Recruiting is Adapting
✈ Travel Impact
♻ HR Communities and Support
🖥 Hosting Virtual Events
🦠 Coronavirus News & Resources
👶 Activities with Kids at Home
🔊 Podcasts: Coronavirus Business Response Coverage
📱 HR Technology Companies Offering Discounts
❓ RIF Resources & Alternatives to Layoffs
🙌 Companies That Are Hiring
- 1575+ Remote Jobs from 100+ Companies (updated google doc)
- Who is Hiring During Coronavirus? Try These Industries If You Need a Job Now (Fast Company)
- Who’s freezing hiring from Coronavirus - a regularly updated list from Candor.co on companies *not* hiring
- StillHiring.io - A searchable listing of companies currently hiring
- Startups Actively Hiring During COVID-19
- Amazon - Hiring 100,000
- Safeway - Hiring 2,000
- EQRx (boston)
- Stop and Shop
- Papa Johns
- Polk Mechanical
- Honeybaked Ham
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Blizzard Entertainment
- M&T Bank
- CVS - Hiring 50,000 full-time, part-time, and temp roles
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Naviga Recruiting
- Domino’s - hiring 10,000 workers
- Vonage (San Fran, Atlanta, Holmdel NJ, London UK, Wroclaw Poland, Barcelona and Tel Aviv)
- Fannie Mae
- Dollar Tree & Family Dollar - Hiring 25,000
- Walmart - Hiring 150,000 employees
- Honeywell - including +500 hires in Rhode Island
- Foundation Medicine - Hiring 100 in Boston
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- BioLife Plasma Services
📶 How You Can Help
📈 Case Tracking & Statistics
🕐 Retail, Service, and Hourly
- Trader Joe’s - giving employees additional sick time to ensure they stay home when sick
- Microsoft - Will continue to pay all vendors hourly service providers regardless of use koi
- Expedia - Will continue to pay hourly workers normal wages if hours reduced
- Uber - Will compensate drivers affected by Coronavirus
- Facebook - commits to paying contingent workers impacted by their Coronavirus response
- Amazon - will continue to pay hourly workers in Seattle impacted by their closures
- Google - commits to paying contingent workers impacted by their Coronavirus response
- Twitter - commits to paying contingent workers impacted by their Coronavirus response
- Olive Garden - announced all hourly employees will receive permanent paid sick leave
- Instacart - Will compensate drivers affected by Coronavirus
- Google - established fund to offer paid sick leave to contractor/temps who can’t work due to quarentines
- Apple - Offers unlimited sick leave for retail employees
Apple - Closing 460 stores and continuing to pay employees
- Patagonia - Closing all stores/website and continuing to pay employees
- AllBirds - closing all global stores through March 27 with full worker pay
- Nike - Closing all U.S. and other global stores through March 27 with full worker pay
- Glossier - Closing all stores through March 27 with full worker pay
- Urban Outfitters - closing all global stores until at least 3/27 with full worker pay
- Whole Foods - Suggests employees donate accumulated paid time off to coworkers
- Blue Bottle Coffee - closing all U.S. stores
👐 Companies Giving Back/
- Zoom - Giving K-12 Schools Video Conferencing Tools for Free
- MISC - Education companies offering free services (Google Doc)
- Khan Academy: How can Khan Academy be used for remote learning during school closures? Khan Academy is a free resource for students, teachers, and parents.
- Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile/AT&T - offering unlimited data to customer for 60 days
- Dell - donating cash and computers
- LVMH - switching perfume production to large quantities of hand sanitizer to deliver free to French health authorities
- Hi5 giving 50% off software licence to aid remote team transition. Use code “CORONAVIRUS” when signing up.
- Altice USA - proving free broadband internet to households with K-12 students displaced due to school closures without internet access.
- Boston Helps (Boston.com) - community platform to ask/offer help and support
- Fortay.ai - Giving 10% of 2020 sales to local food banks and an additional 3 months free
- Workday - Giving all employees 2 week cash bonus to offset unforeseen circumstances
- JP Morgan - giving tellers and front-line employees $1,000 bonus
- Walmart - will pay nearly $550M in employee bonuses
- HEB - Increased hourly workers pay by $2/hour.
- Target - raising hourly workers by $2/hour
- Whole Foods - raising hourly workers by $2/hour
- Netflix - created $100M Coronavirus relief fund for members of the creative community
- Texas Roadhouse - CEO gives up salary/bonus to pay workers during covid19 outbreak
❗ Publicly Announced Hiring Impact
🏢 Conferences, Remote Work, Travel Restrictions, Schools
As we’ve shifted to a new stage of the pandemic, I moved these updates to a separate google doc to keep this guide cleaner and more focused on actionable and current resources.
🙏 Thanks & Credit
Special thanks to…..
Coinbase, Hung Lee, People Tech Partners, Coronavirus Tech Handbook, ADP, Snyk, Travel Bank. Gray Scalable, Handshake, Lattice, LifeLabs Learning, Fictiv, Front, Duolingo, Data Republic, Western Washington University, Thoughtexchange, Smartsheet, DMZ, Thrive Digital, Tech:NYC, HR Open Source, Celinda Appleby, Stacy Zapar, Brian Ross, Laurie Ruettimann, Jessica Yuen, Suzy Tonini