Licensing Working Group
Tuesday 6th December 2011
19:00 - 20:10 GMT
Agenda & Minutes
Present: Dermot McNally, Michael Collinson, Simon Poole, Richard Weait
Apologies: Oliver, Grant
Minutes by: Michael
1. Adoption of Minutes of last meetings
The LWG last met November 22nd for a long-form meeting.
2. MATTERS ARISING (open action items from previous meetings)
3. Finalise today's agenda
4. Anonymous edits
- Richard has drafted some emails for us to review.
- Mike has sent a request to DWG to ask if anonymous mappers who have accepted the new CTs (360+) can be separated from the main pool of anonymous mappers.
5. Second bulk mailing
Slow on getting translations for our next target list of languages. We can however proceed with a second English-language mailing. Dermot suggested we flag advances with UK OS and Australian gov imports.
6. Poland UMP-pcPL
We will make a start by completing a planned editing of our copyright and attribution page to properly emphasise the Poland UMP-pcPL project (add to existing action on Mike).
We should also communicate with the OSM contributor community via Talk-pl (how active is this?) (Mike) and find if there is Polish OSM forum (Simon).
7. Database re-build (if anything)
- Frederik has added a facility to Quick history service to mark things as “OK”.
- Frederik’s OSM Inspector tool nearly ready for release
- Adopting users. Some users have declined (or not answered) CT/ODbL, and have also declared that their contributions are “PD”. The wiki holds a page where users “adopt” the data of such a user. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WTFE The quick history service then considers those edits as clean.
Simon reported that relying on the PD-declaration of an API user from an account on the wiki was tenuous. In contrast, we rely on the statements of mappers made in good faith; the good faith statements of the adopting mappers carry weight.
- Guidelines for cleaning tainted data. (All - review for discussion next meeting)
- Walking Papers
Frederik has directly contacted Michal Migurski, author of Walking Papers. Should see some movement soon.
- Garmin map
Simon is on this.
- .yu emails (if anything)
Closed. No responses received.
- Dynamic Data (Oliver)
Tuesday Dec 13th 11:00 PST / 14:00 EST / 19:00 UTC / 19:00 GMT(UK) / 20:00 CET
AND/OR a date/time to suit Australian time zone.