Hearty Chili Con Carne
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, divided
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.5 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) cans light red kidney beans, drained
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease. Add onion, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tablespoon of the cumin; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Pour in the tomato soup, chicken broth, and crushed tomatoes. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. Pour in the beans, and season with remaining cumin and cayenne pepper; simmer for another 30 minutes.
Note: you can also place cooked ground chuck and remaining ingredients in a sow cooker and cook on low 8-9 hours.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com