- Register for the ride well in advance by filling up the form in this link
- Clicking on “Yes” in the Facebook event does not mean your participation is confirmed.
- Read the general instructions regarding Randonnuering from here
- Please arrive at the start point at least 30minutes before the start of the ride for vehicle inspection and other pre ride formalities completion.
- Helmet is a MUST; participants without a helmet would not be allowed to ride.
- There are 3 Checkpoints (CP) in the ride. Gandhi Statue (CP1), Café coffee day at Mahabalipuram (CP2) and the Gandhi statue (CP3) again.
- Gandhi Statue is a manned CP, Remember to get your time stamped in the CP before you leave it and get the volunteers sign on the timesheet as well.
- CP2 is the Café coffee day in Mahabalipuram, it is an unmanned CP but it might be manned by a volunteer who would be helping riders there. As soon as you enter the CP please buy something (anything cost don’t matter) and get a computerized bill with a timestamp on it.
- Fill up your bottles, probably have a bite and maybe recuperate for sometime and continue with the ride.
- CP3 is again Gandhi statue, this would be manned and make sure you get your time stamp entered on the sheet.
- Submit the bill that you got at the CP2 to the volunteer there for verification and validation of your ride!
- All CPs have a start and close time which has been indicated in the Route Card.
Safety and Health Rules
- Follow regulations under all conditions, defaulters could be disqualified
- Wear a helmet all the time
- If possible wear a reflective vest for high visibility
- Have rear or tail lights
- Carry a lot of water and always remain well hydrated.
- Electral or Isotonic solutions or Gatorade help a lot in hydration and preventing cramps
- Stretch your muscles before and after your ride or during pit-stops to avoid cramps.
- Have a good dinner on the 14th night preferably with large dose of carbohydrates
- At any point of the ride if you are over come by fatigue or heat and want to quit please call the Ride Director and inform him/her of your decision.
Arun Ramachandran - +91-9176125317
Partha Dutta - +91-9444112883
Remember this is not a race this is a RIDE and that there are no prizes for coming in first its imperative that you enjoy the ride.