Garden Zucchini Parmesan Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup seeded, diced Roma tomato
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 7 thin tomato slices, halved
- Place the oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add zucchini, ½ cup tomato, scallions, basil and cheese; toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil and vinegar. Pour buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir just until blended; batter will be thick.
- Drop dough by ¼ cup mounds about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Garnish with fresh tomato slices. Bake until golden brown, 25-35 minutes and toothpick inserted into the center of biscuit comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Yields: 14 biscuits
- Reheat leftovers in a preheated 350°F oven 10 minutes.
- This can also be made as a 9x5 loaf by baking in a 325 degree oven for 70-75 minutes.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com
Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, then blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheeses and scallions with a wooden spoon, then add buttermilk and stir until just combined.