Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Ultimate Batman Bundle Sweepstakes” ("Sweepstakes") begins on February 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM PT (“Start Date”) and ends on March 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM PT ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is IGN Entertainment, Inc. ("Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, Washington, D.C., and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the legal age of majority in their state or country of primary residence at time of entry. Entrant must have internet access as of Start Date. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within six months prior to the Start Date, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor or any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Please visit http://emailpreferences.ign.com/opt-in/ign-batman-dark-knight-rises and sign up for “TDKR news alerts, opinions & exclusives” during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59 AM EST on March 31, 2012. Limit one (1) entry per person and/or email address for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants must provide requested valid e-mail address to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sweepstakes Entities. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner or have authorized use of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's entry as of the Start Date. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor from all eligible entries on or about April 1, 2012. Prize winners will be notified by Sponsor within approximately seven (7) days of the aforementioned drawing date. Selected winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor, in their sole discretion, may attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Grand prize winner may be required to verify address and to execute before a notary public and return within seven (7) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed and notarized Prize Claim Documents are returned.
Canadian winners will be required to answer a trivia or mathematical skill testing question as a condition of receiving a prize.
5. PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from all eligle entries to receive theUltimate Batman Bundle containing: one (1) Christian Bale Signed Framed 18x24 Batman Dark Knight Framed Photo Set ( ERV $375.73); one (1) Batman Begins Blu-ray disc (ERV $8.99); one (1) The Dark Knight Blu-ray disc (ERV $16.82); one (1) Batman: The Long Halloween (paperback) Graphic Novel (ERV $16.49); one (1) Batman: Arkham Asylum (15th anniversary edition paperback) Graphic Novel (ERV $9.98); one (1) Batman: The Killing Joke (hardcover) Graphic Novel (ERV $10.42); one (1) Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (paperback) Graphic Novel (ERV $8.64); one (1) Batman: Year One (paperback) Graphic Novel (ERV $8.31); one (1) Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of The Year Edition 3D (PS3 or Xbox 360) (ERV $19.99); one (1) Batman: Arkham City (PS3 or Xbox 360) (ERV $59.99). Approximate Retail Value (“ERV”) of Grand Prize is $535.36.
All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. If winner cannot accept a prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the prize may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The value of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. The ARV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment and transfers, are winner’s sole responsibility. The winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive. The stated ARV of the Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of the prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one (1) prize per household. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, Entrants agree to release the Sponsor, Facebook, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize. Entrants authorize the Sweepstakes Entities to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications, declarations, or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper participation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair participation with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winner(s) in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within California and Entrants hereby submit to jurisdiction in California.
9. SPONSOR: IGN Entertainment, Inc., 625 2nd Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107;
10. PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the list of prize winners or a copy of the official rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Ultimate Batman Bundle Sweepstakes” Winners List or Rules, 625 2nd Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107 (VT residents may omit return postage) by May 31, 2012.