The Younger Women's Task Force: DC Metro Chapter
cordially invites you to the 3rd Annual
Cheers to Choice
Cheers to Choice embodies the celebration of a woman's right to choose her destiny and live in a community that respects her choices without hindering her personal and professional growth. The focus of this year's Cheers to Choice is the issue of sex trafficking in DC and nationwide. Proceeds from the event will support YWTF: DC's work throughout the year, as well as Courtney's House, an organization that works to provide safe and nurturing housing and other direct services to domestic sex-trafficked girls between the ages of 12-18 in the DC area.
This is an opportunity to socialize with other great DC people for a great cause! Enjoy wine, hors d'oeuvres, and learn more about an important issue affecting women and children in our communities.
Special guest speakers scheduled to appear include:
- District of Columbia City Council Member Phil Mendelson, who will discuss his work on anti-human trafficking legislation in the District.
- Tina Frundt, Executive Director and Founder of Courtney's House
- Julie Janovsky, Senior Policy Specialist at Polaris Project
- Cassandra Clifford, Founder & Executive Director of the Bridge to Freedom Foundation
You can buy your tickets online or at the door. Tickets are $15; however, if you bring an in-kind donation for Courtney's House from the list below you will receive $5 off the ticket price.
- Toiletries: shampoo, deodorant, lotions, pads or tampons, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Art supplies: markers, paint brushes, colored pencils
- Office supplies: notepads, highlighters, trash bags, tape
- See http://www.courtneyshouse.org/WishList.html for more information.
We will also be holding a raffle at the event with the chance to win prizes such as a wine tasting, Nationals tickets, jewelry, a Clyde's restaurant gift certificate, a career counseling session, and artwork! All proceeds from raffle tickets sold will benefit Courtney's House. (Raffle tickets will be $1 per ticket or 7 tickets for $5.)
We look forward to seeing you there, and we invite you to help spread the word by passing this along to your friends, tweeting about it, posting it to your facebook page, etc!
Time/Location: Cheers to Choice will be held Tuesday, May 25th from 6:30-8:30pm at the Stewart R. Mott House, located at 122 Maryland Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20002. The Stewart R. Mott House is wheelchair accessible.
For more information on Courtney's House, please visit their website at www.courtneyshouse.org!