Spicy Orecchiette with Broccoli
Yields 2 servings
- 6 ounces orecchiette or other short pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound broccoli, stalks trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch rounds, florets separated into bite-size pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan plus more for sprinkling
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet or saucepan. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until garlic is golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook until broccoli begins to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook until water has evaporated and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and 1/4 cup Parmesan and enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats the pasta.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining Parmesan.
Printed from: http://damndelicious.tumblr.com/