Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod via Tasty Kitchen
Yield - 4-5 servings
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons oil
1 lemon, zested
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
stick of butter to grease the gridle
- Preheat a cast iron skillet and wipe down.
- Beat together the eggs with a whisk and then add in the buttermilk, zest, and oil. Mix well.
- Sift together the cornmeal, sugar, powder, soda, salt, and flour onto wax paper. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Grease down the skillet by rubbing the stick of butter on it.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet and cook until the top bubbles, flip and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Store in a warmed oven until serving.