NJETI Annual Conference
May 13, 2010
Description: Participants will brainstorm possible solutions to challenges of district technology coordinators, and other technology administrators.
- What exactly do we need to maintain the integrity of the network?
- group policies to control access - “everything that’s given away for free costs you bandwidth”
- proxy server - a good filter for specific extensions
- Squid - open source
c. decent physical cabling and structure
d. staff buy-in to the AUP
- How do we plan to maintain the network’s infrastructure?
- host your wikis, course management system, videos, etc inside the network
- Join Internet 2 if you are anywhere near Ocean County - we would need a large group to do this
- They’re going to saturate it no matter how much bandwidth we have
- When are we going to have to start building our cell networks in buildings? n/cell
- How do you slice up the technology budget pizza?
- How can we slice up nothing?
- Pay for filtering, subscriptions, and licensing renewals first
- The offices take precedence over the classrooms
- Set money aside for replacement parts
- The teacher computer takes precedence over the student computers
- What communication vehicles does your district utilize?
- Acceptable Use Policies