Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk (depending on the moisture of the potatoes)
- To cook sweet potatoes, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and mash. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate, large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes and butter. Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture and mix to make a soft dough. Add milk, a tablespoon at a time, to mixture and continue to cut in. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead very gently until dough comes together, about five or six times. Shape into a disk, and pat to an even 1-inch thickness. With a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com