Jalapeno Corn Muffins
2 12 count muffin pans
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 tspn baking soda
4 tspn baking powder
2 tspn kosher salt
5 tbsp sugar
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup corn kernels, frozen
3 - 4 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 12 count muffin pans (total of 24 muffins).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, melted butter, and buttermilk.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add the corn, jalapenos and shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl containing the dry ingredients. Mix so that the corn, jalapenos and cheese gets coated with the dry mixture.
- Add the bowl containing the egg, milk, and butter mixture to the dry mixture. Mix together so that all of the ingredients are distributed evenly. Try not to over-mix the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly to make a total of 24 muffins. Each cup should be roughly 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Muffins are done when you can insert a fork into the muffin and it comes out clean.