Sugar Cookies and Icing
Makes about 20 cookies
* 1 cup vegan margarine
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extra
* Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs, I like using Ener-G Egg Replacer
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 3 cups flour
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 6-8 tsp soy milk
* 4 tsp light agave nectar
* assorted food coloring, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar with an electric mixer.
3. Beat in the egg replacer and vanilla.
4. In a separate medium sized bowl, sift together the baking powder and flour. Add one cup at a time, mixing after each addition, to the sugar and margarine mixture.
5. Divide the dough into two balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into circles, approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick.
6. Dip your cookie cutters in flour before use. Cut out and place about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 6-7 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
To make the icing...
8. In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar and soy milk until smooth. Beat in agave nectar until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more agave.
9. Add food coloring if desired. Dip cookies in icing and allow to dry overnight.