Caramel Snickers Bars
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
Yield - 20 squares
2 cups flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 whole egg + 1 yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 regular sized Snickers bars, chopped
1/2 of a 14-ounce can of Dulce de Leche
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Line a 8 x 12” pan with aluminum foil and spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, powder, soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat in the egg and the yolk, and the vanilla. Beat on high speed until the mixture is a pale brown color.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix on slow speed until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped Snickers bars by hand.
- Spread into the prepared pan and dollop about half the can of Dulce de Leche on top. Swirl with a butter knife.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and smooth everything down.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The top should be golden and the middle will still be a little wiggly.
- Let cool on a wire rack and then place in the fridge overnight before cutting.