AWANA Pick Up and Drop Off Guidelines
The following guidelines for drop off and pick up have been established to help ensure the safety of all AWANA clubbers and to help ensure children leave with the appropriate adult. The guidelines are as follows:
- All children arriving to attend the AWANA program at Southridge Baptist Church should be accompanied by an adult on the first night to ensure proper registration of each child including obtaining correct contact information in the event a child becomes ill or needs to leave early from an AWANA club night.
- For all other AWANA evenings, children may be dropped off and picked up at the gym door located in the lower parking lot (pictured below) of Southridge Baptist Church. An adult will meet your child at the door and direct them to the appropriate location in the building. Pick up will be similar.
- AWANA clubbers will not be allowed on the upper floor of the church building unless accompanied by an adult.
- All children (excluding children in Cubbies) should be picked up by an adult at the same gym door of the church building promptly at 8:15 p.m. If preferred, parents are welcome to come inside and pick up their children in person as well (please park in the upper parking lot).
- Children attending Cubbies (ages 2 years prior to kindergarten) must be picked up at the Cubbies room by an adult. (Park in the upper parking lot).
- Children will not be allowed to meet their ride in the parking lot even if accompanied by an older sibling in AWANA (i.e., a SPARKY cannot leave with a sibling in TNT). This is to help ensure the children get to the appropriate adult safely.
- NO automobiles will be allowed to park in the lower church parking lot during AWANA nights to allow the room needed for cars to make a circle to turn around when dropping off and picking up their children. Note lower lot pictured below.
Your cooperation in following these guidelines is greatly appreciated! Please help us as we strive to keep clubbers safe as they come and go each Wednesday night.
David K Ellis