THE NCAA FOOTBALL 2013 YOU’RE COVERED SWEEPSTAKES
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS
OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA,
18 YEARS OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY
Entrant(s) must have access to the Internet to enter this Sweepstakes.
The NCAA Football 2013 You’re Covered Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Electronic Arts (“EA”), Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy., Redwood City, CA 94065 (“Sponsor”), and is administered by Collective Bias, LLC, an independent judging organization (“Administrator”), 205 S. Main St., Ste. 1, Bentonville, AR 72712.
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE SWEEPSTAKES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. The Sweepstakes begins starts on July 10, 2012 at 12:00:00 A.M. EST and ends July 31, 2012 at 11:59:59 P.M. EST (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility/entries: You must be able to access the Internet to enter this Sweepstakes, at least eighteen (18) years old as of time of entry, and a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia to enter. Officers, directors, agents, sales representatives, distributors, and employees (and the household members and immediate family members, e.g. children, spouse, siblings, parents and the “steps” of each of the aforementioned) Electronic Arts, Inc., Collective Bias, LLC, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, BLOGGER NAME (“Sponsor & Others”), writers, contributors and other individuals/entities associated with this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Administrator’s computer shall be the official Sweepstakes Period clock. If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or multiple identities, all of the Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period go to Living on Love and Cents (“Sweepstakes Website”), click on the “Sweepstakes” link on the Sweepstakes Website and follow the instructions on screen. Entrants will be required to upload a creative photograph to the Sweepstakes Website of an original photograph taken by Entrant of either Entrant or their child. Entrant must complete one (1) of the following entries: 1) a photo of the printout of the cover Entrant would like to see on their copy of the NCAA Football ’13 game, generated from the EA Sports You’re Covered application on the EA Facebook Page; or 2) a photo of Entrant sharing on their Facebook wall the cover Entrant would like to see on their copy of the NCAA Football ’13 game, generated from the EA Sport You’re Covered application on the EA Facebook page (each a “Submission”). You must first “Like” the EA Sports Facebook Page. Entrants will also be required to add the hastag #NCAAFootball13 to their Submission post of their entries on the Sweepstakes Website. The quality of your photograph will not have any effect on your chances of winning. By uploading the Submission, Entrants agree that their Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined in Sections 4 and 5 below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor may remove an Entrant’s Submission and disqualify an Entrant from the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that a Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. If Sponsor rejects any Submission, in its sole and absolute discretion, such Submission will not appear on the Sweepstakes Website and will not be considered a valid Submission. All entries, including attached photographs, become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
The Sweepstakes requires that Entrants either already have or open a Facebook® account. If an Entrant does not have a Facebook® account, there is no cost to create one at www.facebook.com. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Sponsor and not Facebook®. Further, Entrants specifically release Facebook® from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Each Submission:
5. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission:
6. GENERAL SUBMISSION TERMS: Maximum of one (1) Submission per eligible Entrant during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant submits more than one (1) Submission not in accordance with the Rules herein, any Submissions submitted by the Entrant after the first (1st) Submission will be deemed to be an invalid Submission. If an Entrant submits his/her entry prior to start of Sweepstakes Period, the Entrant will receive an e-mail (to the e-mail address set forth in his/her Sweepstakes registration) from the Administrator stating whether or not the Entry (as defined above) has satisfied the submission criteria. The Administrator’s e-mail will list the reasons for rejecting any Submission. Any rejected Submission may be revised by the Entrant to satisfy the submission criteria set forth in these Official Rules provided that the Submission is re-sent prior to the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. The authorized account holder, defined below, of the e-mail address from where the Submission is generated will be deemed to be the Entrant. All individuals appearing in the Submission must be at least eighteen (18) years or older at the time the photograph is taken; or, if person in photo is Entrant’s child, Entrant grants permission for child to be in photo. If requested by Sponsor, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions and/or proof of age in a written form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission. Sponsors & Others are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder (determined at time of the Submission) of the e-mail address used to make the Submission will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
7. DRAWING, Prize & ODDS of winning:
On or about August 1, 2012, 35 potential Sweepstakes Prize winners (each, a potential “Prize Winner”, one potential winner from each participating Blogger) will be drawn by Random.org, an independent judging agency, at random, from among all eligible entries. Of the 35 potential Sweepstakes Prize winners, 12 Grand Prize winners will be selected, at random by Random.org, to receive a Grand Prize. The remaining 23 potential Sweepstakes Prize winners each receive one of their choice of a First Prize. All Sweepstakes Prize Winners are only eligible to win one (1) Sweepstakes Prize. Potential Sweepstakes Prize Winners will be notified either by email and/or telephone. All Winners are subject to eligibility verification by Administrator. Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes
GRAND PRIZES (12): The Grand Prize Winner(s), as selected by Random.org from the 35 potential Sweepstakes Prize winners, will receive as a Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”):
a. One (1) autographed football from Hall of Fame safety, Ronnie Lott (ARV $300);
FIRST PRIZES (23): The First Prize Winners(s), as selected by Random.org, will each receive one item of their choice from the following:
a.One (1) Electronic Arts upcoming game of First Prize Winner’s choice from the following: Madden ‘13, FIFA ’13, Medal of Honor, NHL ‘13 or Need for Speed (ARV: $60); or,
b. One (1) $50 Walmart gift card, subject to the terms and conditions of the gift card (Retail Value: $50).
All costs and expenses not specifically included herein, e.g. are solely the Prize Winner’s responsibility as are all federal, state and local taxes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE, AFFIDAVITS AND RELEASES: Sweepstakes Prize Winners will be contacted by BLOGGER via email. Prize Winners must contact BLOGGER within 24 hours to confirm or an alternate winner may be selection. Upon confirmation, Prize Winner will receive instructions on how to claim their prize. If potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or BLOGGER is unable to contact a potential Prize Winner and/or potential Prize Winner does not contact BLOGGER to confirm within 24 hours, or in the event that a prize confirmation or prize is returned undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Potential Prize Winner may be required to furnish proof of identification. Before being declared a Prize Winner, Potential Prize Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release within seven (7) business days from the date it is received by Prize Winner, or the Prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, awarded to an alternate Winner. The right to receive a Sweepstakes Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of prize or force majeure. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner.
9. RELEASE: By acceptance of a prize, the Prize Winner releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others, from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander, false advertising, intellectual property right infringement), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes including attachment of any photograph, or arising out of participation in any Sweepstakes or prize related activity. BLOGGER is not responsible for products shipped from outside vendors or sponsors.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Others are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected postage due, or undeliverable, email, or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner(s), in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. SPONSOR AND OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AN ENTRANT MUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. Further, Sponsor and Others are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified by Prize Winners against any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of a prize.
In addition, Sponsor and Others are not responsible for and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by each Prize Winner against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of prize. Sponsor and Others shall not be liable to Prize Winners or any other person for any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Others from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded.
11. DISPUTES: THE NCAA FOOTBALL 2013 YOU’RE COVERED SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF SAN MATEO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN SAN MATEO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
13. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, Entrants agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use their name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
14. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout the Sweepstakes Period and the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential Prize Winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the entrants will be held to determine the Prize Winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, this Sweepstakes and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undeliverable/undelivered, or postage due mail. Void in all jurisdictions except those specifically included herein, in Puerto Rico and wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor will ship prize directly to the winner immediately from date of receipt of signed Agreement and Release. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
15. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the Grand Prize Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by 8/31/12, to: Winners List – NCAA Football 2013 You’re Covered Sweepstakes, Collective Bias, LLC, Attn: Jerra Nalley, 205 S. Main St., Ste. 1, Bentonville, AR 72712.
SPONSOR: Electronic Arts, Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy., Redwood City, CA 94065
The NCAA Football 2013 You’re Covered Sweepstakes Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Collective Bias, LLC.
© 2012 Electronic Arts, Inc. All rights reserved.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY, A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. NCAA Football 2013 You’re Covered Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts on July 10, 2012 at 12:00:00 A.M. EST and ends July 31, 2012 at 11:59:59 P.M. EST. Click on Official Rules for details on entry instructions, odds of winning, prize details, restrictions, etc. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C. and 18 years or older as of time of entry. Residents of P.R. are ineligible. Void in P.R. and where prohibited. Sponsor: Electronic Arts, Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Pkwy., Redwood City, CA 94065.