Lyman Moore Morning Announcements
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- All orchestra students should report to the stage at 9:30am for a special rehearsal.
- This afternoon we will gather in the cafeteria to hear our Band, Chorus and Orchestra Dress Rehearse for their Winter Concert tonight. Audience Expectations are as follows: 1. Sit with your advisor. 2. 0 voice level while teachers are introducing songs and while students are performing. 3. Clap respectfully following a song. 4. Be positive and supportive - it takes a lot of guts to perform in front of 500 people! These students deserve your attention and respect.
- The 7th & 8th grade math team is meeting today after school in Mrs. Hinkley’s room.
- There will be no yearbook committee meeting this Thursday.
- The Civil Rights Team will be meeting on Thursday in room 118. All are welcome!
- The 7th grade girls ran into a tough Gorham squad and lost but never gave up. Ainsley M. and Lucy T. led the Falcons with 4 pts apiece. Great hustle and defense from Allegra B., Junisia O., Hamdi M., and Hannah H. Next game is at King on Thursday.
- The 8th grade girls basketball team lost to Gorham yesterday. Moore was led by Kate, Annie, and Natalina. Natalina battled for rebounds and played good help side defense. Kate hustled all over the floor and never stopped competing regardless of the score. Annie drove the ball hard to the basket and made nice passes to her teammates. Let’s have a good practice today ladies!
- The 7th grade boys had a hard fought loss at Gotham last night. The boys played hard until the end, but were unable to overcome a slow start. Great energy from Kevin R and Nathan B on the defensive side of the ball.
- The 8th grade boys basketball team won their 5th game of the season yesterday beating Gorham Middle School. All 14 boys were respectful to their teammates and officials throughout the entire contest. They even were able to persevere after falling behind by two possessions in the 4th quarter. We are looking forward to playing King at home on Thursday and wrapping up the 2018 season with their 6th win.
- Joke of the Day: What do snowmen eat for lunch? Ice-bergers!