Orange Berry Muffins
- Grated zest and juice of one orange
- About 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- Turbinado sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a two cup glass measuring cup, add the orange juice and enough buttermilk to make 1 cup. Whisk in the eggs, honey, and melted butter.
- In a large bowl, rub the orange zest and sugar together with your fingers. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Top the muffins with turbinado sugar. Bake until muffin tops are golden and springy to the touch, 20 to 24 minutes, rotating halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yields: 12 muffins
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com