STEPHEN-ARGYLE CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL BULLETIN
“Building Knowledge to Serve Others”
Friday, May 24th, 2019
1. CHOIR & BAND SCHEDULE TODAY: “B” Choir: 7th, 8th & 9th Grade BOYS report to choir today; 7th, 8th & 9th Grade GIRLS report to study hall. “A” Choir: Full “A” Choir today.
2. NO BAND SECTIONALS THIS WEEK:
3. ANNOUNCING THE FALL MUSICAL: SAC Theater Department’s 2019 Musical will be “Once On This Island” by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty. There are many opportunities to get involved, whether you are on stage performing, back stage working with makeup and hair, or upstairs working with lights and sound. We look forward to a great show this fall and all students are invited to be a part of it. Audition information will be available next
Week - - Performance Dates: November 8th – 10th, 2019.
4. For ANYONE who may be interested in auditioning for “Once on This Island” next fall or working on a crew for the show, join the Remind class to get show details and information all summer long. Joining the Remind class doesn’t obligate you to be a part of the show, it jus keeps you in the loop while you decide. Instructions for joining are posted on the library door and by the band room.
5. Riverview Health (in Crookston) is offering a “scrubs camp” August 6-8 for next year’s Juniors & Seniors. The camp provides learning opportunities in a variety of health careers. See Mrs. Adolphson for applications.
6. Babe Ruth will have practice Friday at 5:00 p.m. at the Argyle Field.
7. TRACK SCHEDULE: Saturday, June 1 Section 8A Varsity Coed Track @ EGF.
8. GOLF SCHEDULE: Section 8A Coed Golf @ Bemidji on May 28th & 29th. Departure time 6:30 PM (S).
9. Today is the “Last Day of School” @ SAC - - “End of 4th Quarter/2nd Semester”. Seniors are to report to the new gym @ 10:30. Graduation “rehearsal” will be held during 4th Hour. Also TODAY, the Seniors will have lunch @ the Roadside Grill. (Take Note: Seniors will NOT be attending their afternoon classes.).
10. Today the Student Council will host an “Activities Day”
11. Saturday Graduation Ceremony for the “Class of 2019” @ 2:00 in Kimball Auditorium here in Stephen. The door by the high school office will be open at 12:00. Reminder: ALL seniors should be at the school by 12:30.
12. From The Counselor: SENIORS: Argyle Educational Loans are available to community and technical colleges and 4 year colleges. There are also other specialty loans. DEADLINE to apply for the low interest loans (2% interest) is May 24th
13. UND is hosting a Molecular Biology Boot Camp (June 24-28) for next year’s 10th-12th graders. See posters for details.
14. University of Minnesota is hosting a special summer visit the week of June 17-21. Check the posters for details.
Have a Great Summer!