Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 long skewers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat melt butter. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Stir in cumin, paprika, salt, and garam masala. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add grilled chicken to the sauce mixture and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with garlic naan.
Yields: 4 servings
Note: This makes a medium spice chicken tikka masala. If you like it spicy, add an extra teaspoon of cayenne pepper and the whole jalapeno pepper.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com