Color coding options are enabled in the Grade Center to provide clear, automated status indicators of various criteria. For instance, color codes can be established to highlight passing or failing grades, or to designate attempts that are in progress or need grading. These codes can be helpful in quickly identifying trends or issues within the grade center. To establish color codes:
- Enter the Grade Center.
- Hover your mouse over the Manage button, then choose Grading Color Codes on the drop-menu.
- Check the box to Enable Grading Color Codes.
- To designate a color code for attempts that are In Progress, Needs Grading, or Exempt, simply choose the color on the drop-menu next to each criteria.
- To set color codes based on grade ranges, first click the Add Criteria button, then add the grade range, defined in terms of More Than, Less Than, or Between.
In this example, the grade center is set to display student attempts in the A-B range in green, C-D range in yellow, and failing grades in red.
- The color coding will take effect automatically when the grade center is refreshed.