Licensing Working Group
Tuesday 14th February 2012
19:00 - 20:04 GMT
Agenda & Minutes
Present: Richard Weait, Simon Poole, Michael Collinson, Oliver Kühn
Minutes by: Michael
1. Adoption of Minutes of last meetings
The LWG last met February 7th for a long-form meeting.
2. MATTERS ARISING (open action items from previous meetings)
3. Finalise today's agenda
4. Database contact and re-map
Global picture: Monthly history planet dump stats being dumped now but take several days. Simon will then update his stats. . Nodes that will likely not survive the license change are down another 4M from 29.2M to 24.9M, Ways and relations also moving down. .
 Based on node count, http://odbl.poole.ch/
 "Nodes Created" http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/munin.html
ct | users | sets | edits
“Undecided” * | 2 | 2800 | 560200
Decline | 360 | 141918 | 49221653
Undecided | 64922 | 373583 | 36527227
Relicensed | 55852 | 8158621 | 2023618682
Always New CT | 105140 | 1947065 | 319430532
* and are unlikely to agree.
5. Technical Rebuild
We encourage OWG to get in contact with the rebuild group and move towards a test implementation based on Frederik’s WTFE algo running on OSMF hardware.
6. LWG Duties
There are our priority issues:
* Any import that is not fully catalogued here with source and license details cannot be reviewed and should be deleted as soon as possible. We expect ANY import at this stage to be ODbL compatible, anything else is being deliberately blind and possible deliberate sabotage.
- Countries where data collections is not officially allowed (China, India, …)
- Wikipedia WIKI loves monuments competition and geocoding
Tuesday Feb 21st 11:00 PST / 14:00 EST / 19:00 UTC / 19:00 GMT(UK) / 20:00 CET