3. Office Documents and the cloud - 1st Year/Year 7 (6/7 lessons)
(To use Google Docs you must be 13 or over. This project is only suitable for schools using Google Apps for Education. If you would like to use this project you could run it in Year 9/3rd Year)
- To understand what is meant by the ‘cloud’
- To learn the difference between cloud and local documents
- To learn how to create, edit and manage documents in Google Docs
- To learn how to collaborate using Google Docs
- To learn how to share documents
- To learn about other Cloud Services
- A PDF user guide to using Google Docs
- A document evaluating the pros and cons of both local and cloud office applications
- Create a Google account if you do not already have one (You should have one from when you set up your blog)
- During lessons you will be taught how to use and manage Google Docs in detail. Using this information create a user guide in an application of your choice. It could be a cloud or local application.
- Your user guide should use screenshots to show how to do the following:
- Create folders
- Create documents
- Collaborate using the functions in Google Docs
- Share documents
- Manage documents and folders
- Once you have finished your guide PDF it ready for distribution
- This could be used later if you forget something
- You could send it to someone who does not know how to use Google Docs
- What are the pros and cons of using Google Docs?
- What are the pros and cons of using local office application?
- Which do you prefer and why?
Click below for the presentation used in class:
Office Documents and the Cloud