OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

20th June 2011,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Present: Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn, Harry Wood, Charlotte

Apologies: Absent: Hurricane

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Minutes of 13th June 2011:

https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1oBq2Iu3mScsKcwHezEJGz6Wt9HX-KCFhu6TvBwsf5Rk/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CIDohtEN

Propose: Richard Weait

Seconded:  Oliver Kühn

None opposed

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[ ]

4

Any other business

none

[ ]

4.1

Membership emailing

Richard blogged.

http://blog.osmfoundation.org/2011/06/14/membership-updates/

Henk and Michael Collinson are proceeding with membership issues.  They’ll contact us if they would like our help.

4.3

skins & themes update

ACTION ITEM:  Ongoing. Harry will investigate redirects and restructuring of the site to allow wordpress to host key content pages (and translations), but without the blog prefix

 

Harry fixed henk’s problem with pre-tags and wrapping on the osmf wiki

[ ]

4.4

Developing copy for foundation site

[ ]

Ongoing review of http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Talk:FAQ 

ACTION ITEM: Harry to change the ‘where does my donations go’ question

ACTION ITEM: Harry & Richard move the CWG minutes onto the ‘Working Group Minutes’ page and put in tabular format, and also figure out what’s wrong with the SWG table.

ACTION ITEM: Everyone have a think about which areas of content we could work on next. Also what should a ‘Press’ page on the OSMF site aim to achieve. Questions it should aim to answer, also how should it compare with/differ from http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Press

4.6

Blog translations

Micheal Shultz did some german translations

ACTION ITEM: Harry. Fix the the skin drop down

4.7

Blog post about “management meetings” restructuring

New “management meetings” idea. Awaiting board meeting discussions

ACTION ITEM: Need a blog post about these things. Richard will do this (when we hear back from the board)

5

Next meeting.

Monday 27th June 2010,  2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]